Old 02-20-2012, 08:07 PM   #1
Site Team

Weekend at the beach

After a 500+ miles round trip to Las Vegas to visit my ill aunt earlier in the week I was wore out. Last Sunday I feft SoCal at noon, arrvied in LV around 5:30pm (stopped at rest stops) and then returned back at home at 4:00am Monday morning. My aunt did passed away last Friday so I was happy I was able to visit her.

We had a 3 day weekend but I couldn't get away Friday after work because I had two MRIs scheduled. In fact I was so tired I fell asleep during the MRIs even with all that noise between the machine and the headphones.

After the MRis I didn't feel like bringing the trailer home to get ready for the trip. Instead I stayed home to relax and get a good night sleep. Took care of some stuff Saturday morning before heading out. The fridge was not cold so I brought along a cooler to keep everything cold. I ran into heavy traffice about 25 miles from the campground. Traffic was moving around 15-20 mph but at lease it was moving.

After arriving I took a long walk before getting dinner ready. Pop in some DVDs and just relaxed. Sunday was very laid back as well. As I had dinner in the oven I met and chatted with nieghbors. Turns out we are from the same area. Had to cut the discussion short as I remember dinner was in the oven.

Awoke this morning rested, took my time before breaking camp. I didn't unhitched so the truck was ready to go. Since it was still on the cool side at the beach I didn't opened the awning or use my lights which saved time as well.

Made it home safe. Unloaded before taking the trailer to storage. For two months I rented the space behind my space so I could have a "pull throught" space. Glad I took advantage of the "special" but this is not something that can be in the budget. Besides I'm working on widening the driveway so I can keep the trailer at home.

This had to be one of the most relaxing trips I have taken - even with it being just a two night stay. Usually I take off in my truck going here or there but this time I stayed put even if it meant not going to McD's for the free Internet.

Really looking forward to returning for a 5 night stay at the end of March. I will unhitch on that trip so I can check out a new state campground about 20 miles away.

On a somewaht sad note when I arrived the office gave me a small piece of paper informing of recent theft in the campground with someone cutting cables to generators and other stuff. I didn't have a problem but it's sad that someone else wasn't so lucky.

I checked my towing mileage I got 11.52 mph including the section of only going 15-20mph on arrival.

This relaxing trip is the reason I wanted a trailer. I need to keep stuff simple so I can relax.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #2

Were they stealing the cables,or generators,or both?

1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:49 PM   #3
Site Team

Cutting the cables and stealing generators along with chairs and other stuff.

There were four other Salems in the campground too. Usually there are maybe one other one but I felt in great company this time.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:52 PM   #4

Go Salems
1968 Pontiac Le Mans
Malco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:03 PM   #5
camping

it was good you got spend some time with your aunt, sorry for your loss. glad that you were able to have a relaxing trip.

2007 Chevy 2500HD CC
2010 V-Lite 30WRLTS
Nights Camped 2011 -64
Nights Camped 2012 -50
"I Live in My Own World, But It's OK. They Know Me"
tentcamper1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2012, 09:28 PM   #6

Spending time with relatives

Glad to hear you got to spend time with your aunt. Take care.