Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-28-2015, 09:20 PM   #1

what dimension is matteress in RLIS272

Can someone tell me what the dimensions are of the mattress in a 2015 Salem Hemisphere RLIS272? The factory mattress is terrible and we would like to either replace it or put a memory foam cover, but I didn't think to measure it before we left camp. The dealer said it was a "RV double".

Thanks in advance,
Old 06-29-2015, 12:38 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggoodguy View Post
Can someone tell me what the dimensions are of the mattress in a 2015 Salem Hemisphere RLIS272? The factory mattress is terrible and we would like to either replace it or put a memory foam cover, but I didn't think to measure it before we left camp. The dealer said it was a "RV double".

Thanks in advance,
Sorry as to actual measurements, but it is a short queen. We added a 4" memory foam and just cut a few inches off the bottom. Agree, the factory mattress is beyond terrible. Another problem here is in order to provide amply space for storage both under the bed and across the front they made the bed platform higher, so now with 4 inches of additional foam the DW now needs a stool to get in bed: crying: Oh well, we still love the 272 RLIS.: signhavefun:
2021 Sabre 37FBT
Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2015, 07:17 PM   #3

We replaced the std mattress with a Sleep Number RV Short Queen. It's very comfy now.
Steve Marsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2015, 11:18 PM   #4

Our mattress is, like yours a real 'brick'. First time I threw myself up on that thing, i thought I was going to break a bone. My DW put about 3" of foam on top and then a mattress cover. Viola, it is fairly comfortable now.
Good luck getting yours improved or replaced.

Traveling the highways & bi-ways . . .
with our girls, the maltese pups .
Happy Trails
2Vals is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 06:41 PM   #5

look inside your mattress.....if you get a new one the old will double as a furnace filter...lol we did the made in america foam off ebay 10 inch $289.00 very pleased no smells slept on it same day
RaystownRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2015, 06:00 AM   #6

I put in a regular posturepedic queen size mattress. It's heavy, but we are stationary. Fit from side to side just fine. the 8" overhang can be dealt with at the foot of the bed. Just be careful that if you put in a longer mattress than you currently have that you account for what happens when you bring in the slides, It will jam it up if you don't lift the mattress up and over anything in its way. Otherwise, if your rig can handle the weight and you have room to slide in, go for a real mattress, your back will thank you for it. But it's also higher, so you will need a step stool to get in unless you are over 6' tall.