Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2014, 02:49 PM   #1

Winter storage

I live in ne ohio and will be storing my 26tbud salem tt outside over winter it will be covered with a cover but im wonderimg if I should put the wheels up on wooden chocks or just let them rest on the ground for the winter months I will be using tire covers. Also what imput on dry wintering or running rv antifreeze through everything
scrambler44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2014, 03:02 PM   #2

I buried some spaced 2x 6's on edge that the FW sits on because sitting in the frozen mud has got to be hard on the rubber.

Air can kind of move around the tires and they are off the dirt and out of the mud.

I suggest what ever you use can hold up under the weight of the trailer plus the ice and snow accumulation.

Old 09-21-2014, 04:33 PM   #3

We park ours on treated 2x10's in our side yard with all the jacks down on blocks too

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
heavynlori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #4
Boss Ox & Drovergirl

Hello fellow Snow Belter!
Where in NE Ohio?

It depends on the surface you're storing it on, pavement? Gravel? earth?

We're seasonal residents at a campgraound and we use pressure treated 2x10s to park the TT on anyway.
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2014, 10:29 AM   #5
Campfire Master

I store ours on well drained crushed concrete. I found over the years that wood would eventually cup and hold water. Also once saw a TT that stored with his jacks down, and a tire went flat. Made quite a mess of his stabilizer. Many different ways, not sure which is correct. Been using my method for 30 years with no difficulties....yet!

John
AVid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
storage, winter