Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2014, 03:26 PM   #11
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
 
oxcamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N.E. Ohio Snow Belt
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by techntrek View Post
Not sure what you mean. All campers have a pump, but some don't have the winterization pickup line/valve.
You are correct, it doesn't have the ability for the pump to pick up the antifreeze. There is no open gravity inlet on the fresh tank on the 282 RK, so:
1. you need a pickup pump to put the afreeze into the fresh tank or
2. you need a length of garden hose with a funnel to pour the afreeze into the fresh holding tank,
3. or you need to use air to blow out the lines.

In any event, as was stated earlier, you need to add afreeze to the drain traps in the sinks and shower.
__________________

__________________
Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 04:15 PM   #12
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Richmond, KY
Posts: 206
Ok, I need a little help with mine. My fresh water pump came with the adapter and hose from the factory (very nice surprise). I drained the water and pulled the anode rod out of the hot water tank.then bypassed it. I ran the anti freeze to the water spouts (hot and cold) in the bathroom, kitchen. Everything ran pink. Added some to the drains. Ran some through the city water inlet with a adapter hand pump device I bought. Prior to all this I drained the water from the low point drains and the fresh water tank. Do I need to add antifreeze to the fresh water tank and run through the pump also? Thanks
__________________

__________________
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 08:47 PM   #13
Member
 
Join Date: May 2014
Posts: 46
Sounds like if you used fresh pump and pick up hose to get the antifreeze through the lines you should have gotten it all taken care of....at least it sounds that way to me....
__________________
mbaker5408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 01:40 AM   #14
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Ohio North Coast
Posts: 408
Did you check the outside shower for antifreeze? (if your unit has one).

Bob
__________________
2013 Ford F250 SD 6.7L
2014 Wildwood Heritage Glen 282RK
Certified Rumble Strip Tester
retiredcamper47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 06:25 AM   #15
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Richmond, KY
Posts: 206
No outside shower, but I plan on putting one in as soon as the warranty runs out. The only thing I was concerned about was the lines that run from the fresh water tank to the pump. Does that drain out when you drain the fresh water tank? Thanks
__________________
whitmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #16
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by oxcamper View Post
You are correct, it doesn't have the ability for the pump to pick up the antifreeze. There is no open gravity inlet on the fresh tank on the 282 RK, so:
1. you need a pickup pump to put the afreeze into the fresh tank or
2. you need a length of garden hose with a funnel to pour the afreeze into the fresh holding tank,
3. or you need to use air to blow out the lines.

In any event, as was stated earlier, you need to add afreeze to the drain traps in the sinks and shower.
4. You add the winterization valve on the pickup line just before the water pump.
5. You temporarily remove the pickup line at the water pump and add a 3-foot section of hose which you then use to suck up the antifreeze.

Adding antifreeze to the water tank has issues - primarily dilution due to the remaining water in the tank. Only using air to blow out the lines is also a bad idea, you will eventually have damage.
__________________
2008 FR Salem 26TBUD
2010 FR R-Pod 171 (2009-2015)
2010 Chevy Suburban
Honda EU3000is inverter-generator
techntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 07:32 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 231
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmw View Post
No outside shower, but I plan on putting one in as soon as the warranty runs out. The only thing I was concerned about was the lines that run from the fresh water tank to the pump. Does that drain out when you drain the fresh water tank? Thanks
Yes. And the little bit of water left in the water tank won't cause a problem since it has room to expand when it expands.
__________________
2008 FR Salem 26TBUD
2010 FR R-Pod 171 (2009-2015)
2010 Chevy Suburban
Honda EU3000is inverter-generator
techntrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:07 PM   #18
Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmw View Post
Ok, I need a little help with mine. My fresh water pump came with the adapter and hose from the factory (very nice surprise). I drained the water and pulled the anode rod out of the hot water tank.then bypassed it. I ran the anti freeze to the water spouts (hot and cold) in the bathroom, kitchen. Everything ran pink. Added some to the drains. Ran some through the city water inlet with a adapter hand pump device I bought. Prior to all this I drained the water from the low point drains and the fresh water tank. Do I need to add antifreeze to the fresh water tank and run through the pump also? Thanks
Where are the low point drain lines at on the 282rk model, I can not find mine please?
__________________
Eddy G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 11:33 AM   #19
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 30
How many gallons of RV antifreeze should I buy for a 282rk? Has outdoor kit and outdoor shower.
__________________
Eltonnoland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2014, 08:17 AM   #20
Boss Ox & Drovergirl
 
oxcamper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Location: N.E. Ohio Snow Belt
Posts: 671
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy G View Post
Where are the low point drain lines at on the 282rk model, I can not find mine please?
Your low point drain is hanging down directly behind the right side wheels, by the entry door.
you can access by lying on the ground and going between the front and rear wheel. The drain has a 1/4 turn petcock, the other tube is the fresh water overflow.
__________________

__________________
Mark, Vicki, & Scout THE dog
2015 Hemisphere 282RK
2010 F250 Super Duty
1992 Goldwing Aspencade
oxcamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
winter, winterize

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.