Old 05-13-2015, 12:20 AM   #1

'05 Sandpiper 27rlss specs?

Hello All,

I just purchased my first 5th wheel RV, a 2005 Sandpiper 27rlss. I can not find anyplace that can give me specs on this rig. I want to know the hitch weight and other tech specs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank You

Old 05-13-2015, 06:45 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddcolorado View Post
Hello All,

I just purchased my first 5th wheel RV, a 2005 Sandpiper 27rlss. I can not find anyplace that can give me specs on this rig. I want to know the hitch weight and other tech specs.

Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank You
Your best bet is to fine a Cat scale and have weighted. Trust me, written specs on all these RVs are under. The spec is with the unit at bare bones weight; no awning, steps, battery, propane etc. I have always found the specs to be of little use. Weight truck alone and then weight truck hooked to 5th wheel. That gives you the best real weight. Now for other specs, maybe the factory can give you a sheet. With a ten year old unit, unless someone on here that owns or owned one and has the sheet you chances are no real good.

Old 06-10-2015, 06:13 PM   #3

The guy I just bought mine from had original Sandpiper floor plan and spec brochure it reads:

F27RLSS Axle Wt. 6950 Hitch Wt. 935 Ship Wt. 4150 Hitch to bumper 29'6" Ext Ht w/AC 11'10" Furnace BTU 30K Fresh water 43 Grey water 74 Black water 37

Seems lite to me, when I pulled it home if felt like a lot more than 4-5K, I will get mine on a scale first chance I get. I do now understand why it only has E rated tires on it though.

Hope this helps.

Tags
hitch, weight