Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2011, 10:06 AM   #1

2009 FR Sierra-Black water Flush

Our 1st purchase, excited and assured all items were completed (QC'd) by mfg and dealer. BOY! did we make a mistake, beware next dealer, you will hate us for the check out we will demand "before" signing the papers.
Anyhow, my only problem now is with the Black water connection. Screw in hose, water pours from underneath trailer exterior. Last out of pocket RV guy, assured us it was fixed, still does not work.

When hose is connected and water turned on, there is no water leaking out as before, but still looking into toliet, there is no flushing going on. Appreciate any advice.

thank you.
qualityguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 03:35 AM   #2

Sounds like the hose is not attached to the black tank as it should be, that would explain the water coming from the belly of your unit. Hope this helps
Superdutykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2011, 06:19 AM   #3
Site Team - Lou

QG,

Let me see if I have my facts straight.

1) Water hose connected to turbo flush port on the camper and water poured out from underneath camper from points unknown.

2) Out of pocket repair dude "fixed" problem; but did not tell you what he fixed. (No idea what he found?)

3) You run turbo flush but now there is no water going into camper? Or you don't HEAR the water going in?

4) When you pull the dump handle and run the turbo flush; does water run continuously? (as it should - a clear elbow on the dump valve outlet will let you see when the black tank is actually flushing clean)

Is that about it?

It is most likely the hose came off the turbo-flush fitting on the tank and Mr. Fixit put it back on. You most likely won't "hear" it running by listening in the toilet; but by seeing the water run out the dump mast (which must be open to use the system safely BTW) when in use.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
black water