Old 12-07-2011, 01:42 PM   #1
2012 365 SAQ recommendations for Batteries

I recently purchased a 2012 365 SAQ and the dealer put a single Interstate 24SRM battery in the unit. Most of our planned trips inlcude full hooks and its not that often that we need extended service from the battery, but I like to know I have the ability to run off batteries if needed for extended time. I am looking at Lifeline GPL-31T AGM replacement for the SRM24. I like the maintnenance free aspect of the agm style batteries. I am also considering running two the GPL-31t's in parallel. Any thoughts or anything I might be overlookig with compatiblilty?

jboo4u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #2
At a $300 - $400 battery price tag, you may want to think about other solutions such as a small generator. At very least it would give you enough power to keep your single battery charged. (This brand is not my recommendation) For instance you can purchase an All Power America APG3004 from for about $138. This would give you 800 - 1000 watts of power for up to 8 hours on 1.5 gallons fuel and it weighs 44 lbs. If you have the room - you could purchase something like a 4000 watt unit for under $400.
You may also want to consider a solar panel. A 90 watt unit would be about $300 - $400 and this would help keep your battery charged.

Here again, I am pointing out other options that are available to you. About ten years ago I had dual batteries installed on my Wilderness 5th wheel. Basically speaking this only gave me twice the headaches.
Bigjimt is offline   Reply With Quote

365, 365 saq, battery