Old 11-05-2015, 08:23 AM   #1

2016 with no problems?

Ok I'm asking specifically about the 2016 models ONLY.

Does anyone have a 2016 sandpiper or Sierra that had NO problems that needed repair?

All floor plans included.

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4

Old 11-05-2015, 09:01 AM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

2016 units have barely been out long enough to know for the most part

Old 11-05-2015, 09:17 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post
2016 units have barely been out long enough to know for the most part

And in addition to that let me make an educated guess and say a resounding NO! I do not think you're ever going to find one of these no matter who made it without some problem that will need repaired.

2016 Needs New Roof

You can not generalize it either. I looked at 3 trailers on a lot that were all the same model and had a build date of the same day. Two had horrendous build quality and the 3rd was almost perfect. A night and day difference. I bought number 3. Even then it had some issues.
Old 11-05-2015, 09:03 PM   #4

We got our 2016 371rebh in early May. Small issues but nothing major. I didn't have to bring it back to the dealer....

Biggest problem was the tires, had to replace them. 3 of the 4 had bulges growing on then side. They are paying me out cash through the warranty though for all 4.
Old 11-14-2015, 09:36 PM   #5

What do you mean by "repairs?" Do you mean anything that needs re glued or fastened? Or just mechanical issues that require maintenance?
Jsabe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:40 AM   #6

I have a 2016 Sandpiper 377 Flix, ordered it from the factory and was delivered to us the 1st of April 2015. We have been in Florida this winter and now that the unit is almost a year ago starting to experience laminate issues on the right side facing the most sun. Waiting for the dealer to get a response from the factory.
Old 04-07-2016, 08:07 PM   #7

2016 Sandpiper 360PDEK. Only been on one trip, no issues yet. Knock on wood. Did very through walk thru before delivery. Had any visible issues fixed then.
Old 04-07-2016, 10:33 PM   #8
Airmech

Ksilvi, so the answer seams to be no. Everyone seams to have had some type of issue. It maybe a minor issue but an issue none the less. As one person already said, you won't find an RV with absolutely 0 issues off the lot. The quality control just isn't there. Just find one you love and do a very thorough pdi before delivery. Just don't sign before the dealer has fixed everything to your approval.
smittyams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:05 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by smittyams View Post
Ksilvi, so the answer seams to be no. Everyone seams to have had some type of issue. It maybe a minor issue but an issue none the less. As one person already said, you won't find an RV with absolutely 0 issues off the lot. The quality control just isn't there. Just find one you love and do a very thorough pdi before delivery. Just don't sign before the dealer has fixed everything to your approval.
That very much sums it up. I'll add that your in a much better position if you can find a couple/three of the same model on a lot so that you can pick and choose among them and do not order one. The build quality can vary greatly between units. Also be aware if you find major issues or issues that require the dealer to order parts from the manufacturer, that will be treated exactly the same as if you had already "signed on the dotted line". It could take weeks/months for the dealer to get the manufacturer to authorize the work and ship the parts even if the unit is not purchased. Nothing happens fast. Not signing does not give you much leverage in times of "record sales".
Old 04-09-2016, 06:43 PM   #10

Got a 16rebh. Been in it about year now, pulled roughly 3-4k miles. And yes all kinds of issues, but so far just minor ones. I have not had to take it in to the dealer, but I have had to do plenty myself.