Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-14-2018, 12:41 PM   #1

2017 372LOK Lippert System

So I’ve had this 5ver for about 7 months and I’m fighting an issue with the front and passenger side legs always coming out of level.

Due to full timing right now, having the 5ver in the shop for days or weeks is out of the question. Anyone have issues with their 6 Point auto leveling system? If so what was done to repair it. I’m still in warranty but the dealer is about 4 hours away.

The lady in the warranty department said she has replaced a lot of Sandpiper legs.

Thanks in advance.
duffman13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 01:02 PM   #2
Always Learning

Call the warranty back and ask how it works with mobile RV repair services. You should be able to have someone come out to your site and do the work without being out of the rig for days.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:13 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
Call the warranty back and ask how it works with mobile RV repair services. You should be able to have someone come out to your site and do the work without being out of the rig for days.

I talked to one that actually works at the camp ground I’m at and apparently testing and repairing this system is difficult. That’s why I’m trying to get some info in if anyone had this problem and what was done to fix it.
Old 02-14-2018, 02:17 PM   #4

I had major issues with the 6 point leveling system. It took 6 days of detective work by a great tech, and replacement of 5 different major components, and now it works like a champ.

Problems with them are hard to diagnose. But I did NOT have the problem you're having at all. I do wonder what, exactly, "coming out of level" mean. By how much? Under what conditions? When? How often?

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2018, 08:07 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
I had major issues with the 6 point leveling system. It took 6 days of detective work by a great tech, and replacement of 5 different major components, and now it works like a champ.

Problems with them are hard to diagnose. But I did NOT have the problem you're having at all. I do wonder what, exactly, "coming out of level" mean. By how much? Under what conditions? When? How often?

So I’m getting nose low at -.2 and passenger side low at -.1. Level the camper and within like a week or two I’m back there again. Same - degree every time. I’m not on concrete but on a normal KOA Campground. Rocks and grass and when I was at the other camp ground it was packed fill dirt and gravel.

I have wide cinderblocks with 2 2x12 pieces of wood on each leg, 2x12 pressure treated boards under the tires, and x chocks on the tires.
Old 02-15-2018, 02:11 PM   #6

I bought a 2017 Sierra 371REBH and it has the 6pt. leveling system. When I first used it I noticed that one of the hydraulic legs appeared wet. On further inspection, it was determined to be the fluid from the leveling system that was leaking from one of the ports where the hoses go into the manifold at the top of the hydraulic leg. I took a wrench and went around the unit and snugged all of the connections at each leg and at the pump where the fluid is stored. Problem solved for me! Hope this helps!
Towe443 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 09:36 PM   #7

My 2017 372lok does the same thing. The shop couldn’t find anything wrong because it only does it when it’s cold. I put some seal conditioner in the oil tank and that seems to have helped. Mine also blows fuses when pulling in the slides on cold days. You can hear the pump load up as the slides come in. I haven’t really had time to troubleshoot that, but I’m guessing something is restricting the flow back into the tank.
cwleczyk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:25 AM   #8

We have a 2018 Sandpiper 383RBLOK, after about a month of ownership a popping noise began developing, it was the coach lowering ever so slightly every 2-3 seconds. The noise was so severe we couldn't sleep in the bedroom anymore. I called lippert and spoke with them about the noise and what was happening after a few tests they sent me new landing gear legs. Warranty of course. I installed them myself at my house, put in new fluid along with some fork oil, and haven't had an issue since. The landing gear would drop while towing too, so kind of a safety issue. Our issue, it sounds was a little bit more severe.....but draw a line on the fluid reservoir and monitor to fluid level, if the fluid rises above the line you know it's leaking back into the system.
sbergherr is offline   Reply With Quote