Old 09-03-2016, 10:14 AM   #1

Angry 2017 376 - BHOK A/C Issues

We have a 2017 , and my main unit will not cool at all. I have checked the forum and have taken every ounce of advice. I have taped all of my ducts. I have cleaned all of the construction debris from the duct work. I have pulled my registers down and made sure I have no holes in the ducting. The coils are clean. I can hear the compressor fire up. The flow isn't great but there is no cold air. I am out of ideas. I am ready to call Forest River. I have had my unit less than a month. Camping World has been no help. I need some advice with this before I go after Forest River. It's a Dometic unit. Any suggestions?

Daniel976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 11:03 AM   #2

Bite the bullet and install a 3rd ac. I know it sucks but thats the fix for these big campers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Old 09-03-2016, 11:24 AM   #3

2017 376 - BHOK A/C Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel976 View Post
We have a 2017 , and my main unit will not cool at all. I have checked the forum and have taken every ounce of advice. I have taped all of my ducts. I have cleaned all of the construction debris from the duct work. I have pulled my registers down and made sure I have no holes in the ducting. The coils are clean. I can hear the compressor fire up. The flow isn't great but there is no cold air. I am out of ideas. I am ready to call Forest River. I have had my unit less than a month. Camping World has been no help. I need some advice with this before I go after Forest River. It's a Dometic unit. Any suggestions?

There is a two year warranty from purchase on dometic units. There was a large batch of the brisk air II units with premature corrosion issues. I've had two of mine replaced under warranty. The third unit appears to be working quite well. Hopefully they purged the bad units and you'll be good on a replacement.

Call up dometic and ask for a authorized mobile tech in your area. You'll pay for the techs trip charge but domestic with pay for the rest if it's a problem with the unit. Expect to pay $50-$100 for trip charge. Or take it to a dealer and you have no trip charge.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
Old 09-04-2016, 08:01 PM   #4

Send Dometic the bill for trip charge with a nice note and they will reimburse you. I received my $115 back this spring when our 15000 BTU AC died.
Old 09-04-2016, 08:08 PM   #5
jsk

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3Jones View Post
There is a two year warranty from purchase on dometic units. There was a large batch of the brisk air II units with premature corrosion issues. I've had two of mine replaced under warranty. The third unit appears to be working quite well. Hopefully they purged the bad units and you'll be good on a replacement.

Call up dometic and ask for a authorized mobile tech in your area. You'll pay for the techs trip charge but domestic with pay for the rest if it's a problem with the unit. Expect to pay $50-$100 for trip charge. Or take it to a dealer and you have no trip charge.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL

What years were these units produced? Is Dometic any help outside of warranty?

2012 F350 CC SRW 6.7
2012 Sabre 34-REQS-6
Old 09-04-2016, 08:29 PM   #6

The units were late 2015 and early 2016s. Dometic acknowledged the issue in a posted bulletin.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
Old 09-04-2016, 08:31 PM   #7

Here's the bulletin. It says units produced in the 2013-2015 era.

http://share.dometic.com/previewCamp...rvs.com&cid=99

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
Old 09-04-2016, 11:40 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3Jones View Post
Here's the bulletin. It says units produced in the 2013-2015 era.

Dometic Brisk Air II Technical Bulletin

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
So how do you check for this? Our 381RBOK Has had problems with the main cabin keeping upend cooling below 79* during the day.
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 13
chop249 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2016, 06:30 AM   #9

2017 376 - BHOK A/C Issues

You'll need a recognized service rep to check your unit in order for dometic to replace under warranty.

There were a couple things he did. First he placed an ammeter around a wire on the outside unit. He stated some unit wouldn't read correct amps were indicative of faulty compressors. Then he used a laser temperature gun to verify the temperature difference in the air going in to the unit and out of the unit. If the delta is less than 16 then there may be an issue. This is indicative of freon loss.

-R.Jones
Nitro 31FQSL
Old 09-05-2016, 11:55 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
So how do you check for this? Our 381RBOK Has had problems with the main cabin keeping upend cooling below 79* during the day.
Pull the top cover off and look at the decal on side of unit. Will have production date on it. Take a picture of the decal for future reference also .