Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #21

Good deal on the 2nd air. Best of luck with your new and beautiful 2015 Sandpiper.

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 04:10 PM   #22
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by johndeerefarmer View Post
Can you turn the second A/C off and run only one at a time?
As Joe said- yes you can. And, if I'm on a 30amp site, I have to. It's nice- we'll alternate which one is running if we happen to be on a 30amp site.
Old 04-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #23

2nd A/C

It's best to get a rv with the 2nd A/C already installed at the factory. Because if you add a 2nd A/C later then it will NOT be ducted in.So it will be very loud in the master bedroom. And when you get a rv with 2 A/C's from the factory the temp controller is set up to control both A/C's
CHASEY0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:36 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASEY0618 View Post
It's best to get a rv with the 2nd A/C already installed at the factory. Because if you add a 2nd A/C later then it will NOT be ducted in.So it will be very loud in the master bedroom. And when you get a rv with 2 A/C's from the factory the temp controller is set up to control both A/C's
Many new units come the duct work in place for a second unit. The real reason to get it factory installed is so the 50 amp service is in place so both units can run simultaneously.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Forest River Forums mobile app

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 01:47 PM   #25
Site Team

Yes. And when we only need one, we run the one in the "other" room. If in the living area we use bedroom a/c. When sleeping, use the living area a/c. Makes the room quieter.
And. ..Great deal on the second a/c. Happy for you.

Sent from David's RAZR M.

dcheatwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 08:09 PM   #26

I am looking to buy a new fifthwheel and everyone I have looked at is prewired for a 2nd A/C but does not have one is NOT ducted for a 2nd A/C. That is why I have passed up some great deals. I live in Bradenton florida my family goes camping year round. We go when it is super hot so we need the 2nd A/C.
CHASEY0618 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2014, 09:43 PM   #27
Oklahoma Proud

Quote:
Originally Posted by CHASEY0618 View Post
I am looking to buy a new fifthwheel and everyone I have looked at is prewired for a 2nd A/C but does not have one is NOT ducted for a 2nd A/C. That is why I have passed up some great deals. I live in Bradenton florida my family goes camping year round. We go when it is super hot so we need the 2nd A/C.
Order one.
Its the Best way to get all that you want, and nothing you don't need.
I can't believe more dealers don't order them with the second air on bigger trailers.
Ive been told that the reasoning is... its easier to sell a cheaper priced trailer and then add to it, than to have a loaded out trailer with a bigger price tag.
But still im with you, its stupid for it only being like a $5-600 upgrade.

MillerTime- Future Sabre Handler!!
MillerTime is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air conditioner