Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-18-2012, 05:32 PM   #1

365 SAQ Help - Similar Experience?

I posted this in the Sierra section as well, because that's what I own.... but I'm looking to cover as much ownership as I can here....

So we just got back from our first cold weather trip. First, the seemingly obvious issue.... I wake up one morning and its freezing in my camper. I check the gas situation inside first by trying to light the stove, and I got nothing. So I bundle up and check outside, knowing that atleast one of my tanks should be full. I go outside to find that my regulator is not automatically or manually switching between tanks. I physically move one propane tank from one side to the other and now I have gas. So I think my regulator is shot - It only draw from one side and will not auto or manually switch to the other side. Should be an easy fix.

Now for the not so easy, and I'm wondering if any other 365 SAQ owners are experiencing or have experienced the same. My heat register in the living space is right up against the entertainment center. Over the course of the weekend the heater has dried out the cabinetry to the point of discoloration and has started to warp the paneling on one of the cabinet doors. The heat is so concentrated in the area that the cabinet door handle is actually warm to the touch. So now my wood finish is discolored and warped - and this is after only a long weekend. To add insult to injury, on Saturday night my TV suddenly flashed a warning about an overheat condition and then stopped working. Audio works great, but I no longer have a picture on the TV. Now I'm not trying to create tropical conditions, the thermostat was set to 68 degrees. I'm looking to see if anyone else is experiencing this and if so what luck have you had getting it fixed?

I'm not sure this is a dealer issue, but more of a design flaw. I'm calling the dealer tomorrow and hoping for the best, but I'm not sure what options are available to correct this issue. Any thoughts?

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 09:30 AM   #2

My 365 and 355 both came with faulty propane regulators. Yes, an easy fix. As far as the floor vet, you might try to get a new vent cover from Home Deopt of Lowes that you use to direct the heat away from the entertainment center. I had to replace my doors on my entertainment center due to a break in and damage. Make sure if they replace them, you get ones that look good with your woodwork. Even though all of them have the same stain, they may be a lot lighter or darker then the wood you have. We were trying to replace 3 doors, but ended up having 7 sent to us because they didn't match(NOT EVEN CLOSE). I most certainly would call the dealer and talk to him about the vent thing. Also, speaking from experience, take pictures of what is wrong and also send an email to the dealer, pics included. They then can forward it to FR if they have any questions.
Let us know the result and post a few pics if you are able.

Monty
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 02:10 PM   #3

We had the same Issue last Fall (Nov. 16-17) We have a Onan 5500 Generator, and was running it. The Propane Failed to Switch over, and the wife ran the Battery down trying to re-start it. when I got to the Grounds where she (and 2 dogs) were,she was PISSED, and I ended up hooking up and bringing the whole rig home Early. Then later that day I was able to make everything work properly, after Charging the Battery, and Refilling the Propane tank on the Off Door Side, the Dealer could not make it repeat the Failure either. Since then I wonder if the Furnace wouldn't run Because the Voltage was too low, and did not get wnough airflow to close the Safety Switch so the Burner would start. As near as I can Figure, it was several things started by the Propane Reg/Switch-over not doing it's job.
Propane ran out, did not switch correctly, Battery was ran down trying to start generator, furnace wouldn't work because of low Battery Voltage. Wife was Pissed because She was Cold. Solutions, 2nd Battery for Dry-Camping, Seperate Battery for Generator, More Propane Capacity, And I Have to Stay with her, to Address these Problems, at the time of their Occurance.
Pchop365 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365 saq