Old 12-18-2013, 02:31 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I installed myself and saved considerably over I what would have paid a dealer, but I have a forklift to raise the unit into place, so it was quite easy for me. Wrestling the unit up a ladder 13' wouldn't be for me.

BTW - If you do decide to install a unit yourself, you will need an extension kit for a 6" ceiling. Most come standard with 4" install kits
My parents farm, so I had a tractor with front end loader and pallet forks. You'd have to be some kind of a HOSS to carry that thing up a ladder!!!

Old 12-18-2013, 03:21 PM   #22
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustman_stx View Post
My parents farm, so I had a tractor with front end loader and pallet forks. You'd have to be some kind of a HOSS to carry that thing up a ladder!!!
Someone here built a sled of sorts to pull it up the ladder. I think that's the only way to do it without a lift of some sort!

2nd air conditioner and tri-glide

Old 12-19-2013, 01:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by AquaMan View Post
I added 2nd A/C on mine. The 15k couldn't keep up with the sticky humid OH summer when temps hit 95. Here's a pic of the next weekend out with 2nd A/C installed
That picture makes me happy we have the 2nd AC on ours. I can't wait to get out in the warmer months and see how much of a difference it makes.
Old 12-19-2013, 02:37 PM   #24
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
That picture makes me happy we have the 2nd AC on ours. I can't wait to get out in the warmer months and see how much of a difference it makes.
While we don't use it most of the time, we do crank it up just after we set up and it cools down very fast. I have also been able to run both (15 & 13.5) on a 30amp supply with nothing else running just to cool it off, and to see if it would pop the breaker. Ran it for about 45min, then let the 15k take over. Watched the amps on the EMS and ran at 16 & 11 amps on each of the legs with 119 volts.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:02 PM   #25

365SAQ one AC or two?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinster30 View Post
Here in west Texas, two AC are a must. I am one of those that will add the third AC. Looked at buying a new Cedar Creek about a month ago and was told I can not have it built with the 3rd installed. Will not be purchasing a Cedar Creek.

The AC units in these trailers can bring the temp down about 20 degrees on 105 plus days. That means the inside temp from about 2:00 to 6:30 PM is 85, without opening any doors. Manufactures need to start taking this inconsideration and offer a hot weather package as well as cold weather.

This is not exactly true... It drops the temp 20 degrees lower then the air intake.. Intake is grabbing air from inside your trailer not the outside... The cooler your inside camper it gets the lower that 20 degree drop is.. Its not based on temp outside.Your air cond is not taking air from outside into the intake .

We have the second a/c and have camped at myrtle beach in mid august. Did not need second a/c.. Temp was 70 inside trailer without bedroom a/c going at night and 70-76 inside during day.. Plus when it is on it is very loud right above you,, If I did it again I wouldnt get it..
I also must say i opened the vents up and fixed any airleaks that the ducts had in the front and back of unit and that alone made a huge difference.. The front of the unit at the end of duct just continued on forever cooling the area above the ceiling.. Took duct tape and cardboard and fixed it. Five min fix and seemed like it doubled air flow from vents.I recommend trying this first b4 buying second unit because from what I read this duct problem is not isolated to just mine..

Tags
365, 365saq