Old 04-19-2013, 06:42 PM   #181

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercab79 View Post
Monty here's a pic of the air bags. Finally just a few free minutes to put them in. I also threw a set of bilstein shocks on while I was under there. I'm anxious to see if there's a difference.
Marc

Attachment 28380
I am confident there will be difference. Trying to get the pressure right will be a little time consuming, but well worth it. I leave mine at 12 psi unloaded as I feel it makes my Ford ride better. Then when loaded, the pressure will go up to around 30 psi which really helps. I can then use my onboard air to adjust if the road gets really rough. Good job Marc!

2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #182

Got my new 7,000lb axles, wheels and tires tonight. So glad Forest River came through. It wasn't easy, but I appreciate their help. The new tires they provided were MasterTrack, not sure about those, then again, my old tires were another no name brand and after 1.5 years has already began cracking between the tread and on the sidewalls. I will run with these for a year or so and then invest in a new tire. So many people have mentioned going to load range G and choosing Maxxis, but the Maxxis only go to load range E. None the less, I am just pleased to be towing something that's not overweight.

Old 04-20-2013, 04:25 AM   #183

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrkd View Post
Got my new 7,000lb axles, wheels and tires tonight. So glad Forest River came through. It wasn't easy, but I appreciate their help. The new tires they provided were MasterTrack, not sure about those, then again, my old tires were another no name brand and after 1.5 years has already began cracking between the tread and on the sidewalls. I will run with these for a year or so and then invest in a new tire. So many people have mentioned going to load range G and choosing Maxxis, but the Maxxis only go to load range E. None the less, I am just pleased to be towing something that's not overweight.
Congratulations! I was able to tell a difference in mine by the way it tows. No more 'lumbering' along. Sits up and rides very well. Glad everything worked out for you.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
Old 04-20-2013, 09:36 AM   #184

Where is the best place to get the air bags from?
Old 04-20-2013, 09:51 AM   #185

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmptrkd View Post

Congrats to you and FR for finding common ground!

You will be much happier!
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 09:52 AM   #186

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon327 View Post

I used truck spring dot com. I got an entire kit with a Viair compressor.
Lynkage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2013, 10:54 AM   #187

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon327 View Post
There are many places. Any of the brands(Firestone, Airlift, PacBrake) are ok. Most have not had problems with any. Just make sure they have a "No-Drill" kit or your vehicle. I bought Firestones as they were the cheapest at the time and free shipping. You might look around and decide which brand you want(if it matters) then find a place that sells them. Some of the places are Summit Racing, TruckAddons.com, Ebay, TruckSprings.com, and many others. Good luck.
Old 04-21-2013, 05:20 PM   #188

Brandon I use OC Diesel there price on the PAC brake set was the lowest and like golfmedic said they had free shipping to boot I plan on installing one of their exhaust brakes on my truck this summer so it's a win win for me. Good luck
93 F-250 XLT 4x4 Diesel Banks Sidewinder (gone but not forgotten)
79 Jeep CJ-7
77 F-250 Crew Cab Short Bed 4x4
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 12:00 AM   #189

376BHOK axle Probelms

We have a 376BHOK. We bought this new last year and have had some minor issues non-stop since we got it. The issue with the axles has just been brought to our attention last week by Camping World and I have been given this link and followed this post since page 1. I see that you have personally been given some resolution but the problems seem to continue with others including me...
Has anyone ever thought about a class action law suit? It peevs me off to read all this work one has to do to get them to do the right thing in the first place. Then it peevs me off even more to read that this problem has been known about for years and they refuse to fix it. We bought ours from RVW as well but did not realize all the issues. We came from a class c (which we did weight but have thrown out the proof since then) to this thinking we were not over weight. We even weight at closed state scales to keep an eye on things but have just figured out we have not been doing it right. Long story short, we are attempting to figure out where the weight is. We don't travel with water (never even filled it and it may have a leak but we would never know), we don't have a generator, we don't have a washer/dryer even though we supposedly can, etc....Short of moving all our stuff out and weighting it, we just have to hope they do the right thing.
Old 12-02-2013, 06:49 AM   #190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salenbailey View Post
We have a 376BHOK. We bought this new last year and have had some minor issues non-stop since we got it. The issue with the axles has just been brought to our attention last week by Camping World and I have been given this link and followed this post since page 1. I see that you have personally been given some resolution but the problems seem to continue with others including me...
Has anyone ever thought about a class action law suit? It peevs me off to read all this work one has to do to get them to do the right thing in the first place. Then it peevs me off even more to read that this problem has been known about for years and they refuse to fix it. We bought ours from RVW as well but did not realize all the issues. We came from a class c (which we did weight but have thrown out the proof since then) to this thinking we were not over weight. We even weight at closed state scales to keep an eye on things but have just figured out we have not been doing it right. Long story short, we are attempting to figure out where the weight is. We don't travel with water (never even filled it and it may have a leak but we would never know), we don't have a generator, we don't have a washer/dryer even though we supposedly can, etc....Short of moving all our stuff out and weighting it, we just have to hope they do the right thing.
Be very careful about mentioning the "L" word as it may violate forum rules here and may get the thread closed. As far as the weight, most published reports in many camping/RV magazines state that in an RV the average weight of 'stuff' that is carried is between 1600-1800 pounds ( several articles like this Odds are, your RV is packing too much weight! ) When I talked to the engineer at Sandpiper, I was told nearly the same thing that they build them to carry about 1600-1800 pounds, but each option you add decreases what else you can carry. And no one, no one, even sales people will tell you that! I got so worried about mine that I starting digging(as I guess you can tell) and started looking up each item that didn't come on it and finding out its weight. The engineer asked the factory if they had put the wrong weight sticker on my rig. I would like to think that this weight issue was an oversight, but I am not the slightest bit convinced of that. I truly believe that if they were to come with 7k axles under them, and they were advertised as such, like the Montanas and a few others, it would limit the amount of them they sell due to eliminating people with 3/4 ton trucks. That being said, most people rely on the salesman for their information. And you know how that goes!!! The factory really leaves it up to us to figure it out on our own. The sales staff just wants a sale no matter what. Another problem is that today's trucks are 'capable' of pulling them, but not rated to do so. People with the 3/4 ton trucks run out of payload capacity due to hitch weight very quickly due to the overall weight of the camper to begin with, figuring 20% of total weight on the pin. To be honest, I pulled both of ours with a 2010 F350 DRW 6.4L 4WD diesel and it was overweight in the GCWR. The truck was rated to tow up to 23,500 and we were at 25,000 with hardly anything in the rig AND on 6k axles! My newer truck is rated to pull up to 30k so I am covered completely now. I do understand your concern. At first, they didn't want to talk to me and then all of a sudden they wanted me to bring mine back to the factory. In the dead of winter, no way, when the dealer could do it right here and I had certified weight tickets to prove what it weighed.
As far as the weight in your rig, it may not be 'your' stuff that is heavy. It is more than likely the rig itself. IF you remember in the posts, that the advertised weight of mine was around 11,600 and they were off quite a bit after the options were added. I went and got most of the stuff I could find for sale online and got the shipping weight from it and figured out some of the weight that way. Like the electric rear jacks at the time were not standard. The second AC weighs this according to their website etc....In all honesty, if you want to know to the pound what it weighs, take everything out of it and put it in your garage and head out for the scales. It is a lot of work but can be done in a day. Another alternative, is to walk through you rig with a video camera and open every cabinet, drawer and door in the rig and document what is in it. If it is not "excessive' then you have a legitimate gripe. Which I believe you do anyway. During my problem, my dealer was 100% on my side and even told the rep and engineer that I had no more "stuff" in my camper than any other they had seen. Of course, now realize, that if things hadn't been settled, that nasty word would have been sought! I couldn't in good conscience, put my family at risk in a rig that was overweight like that knowing what the biggest area of possible failure was, and that the axles would come under fire if ever in an interstate accident here in my state.
To answer your other question, why do they still do it? To sell very popular rigs. People want them, they have them. They put the weights out there of a bare-bones rig to get the numbers in line with what people believe is the 'correct' towing weight. Most people see a rig and see it weighs 11,000, my truck is rated to pull 14k so I am good. Not realizing all the factors that go into those numbers. And that is what they are banking on.
Just out of curiosity, how did you find this link? Not that it really matters, as I have put it on two other forums this week, as a new couple just bought the same rig as mine and wanted him to know the story. Funny thing, my dealer only orders 365s now with 7k axles. Not a one on the lot has 6k under it. And your is longer. Good luck, stay persistent and get the dealer and or service centers involved if they, will and contact FR directly. Get and keep records of all documentation from pics of the rig, the advertised weights(both internet and brochure), weight stickers, pics of wheels(shows 6 lugs) and things like that. Do this with a camera, video and your cell phones so you can have different media all showing the same thing. I was able to email the engineer and rep pics of my scale tickets while talking to them. The guys here will do anything we can to help. That I am sure.

Tags
365, 365saq