Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-21-2012, 08:06 PM   #1

365saq weight ?

Does anyone have any idea what these RV's weigh loaded.
supercab79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 07:08 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by supercab79 View Post
Does anyone have any idea what these RV's weigh loaded.
Depending on how they are prepped at factory. I've had mine weighed coming home from an 8 day trip and it really shocked me! 14,800 lbs!. The reason, mine has generator, second air, full tank of water and a lot of STUFF we carry. Most aren't this heavy. Mine has a 3,000 pound pin weight. That is why I have a dually. Still, she pulls like a dream.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
golfmedik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:17 AM   #3

Mine is a 2012 with the hydrolic jacks and second air, the dry weight is 12,800 dry and the gvwr is 14,000. I don't think it would take carrying to much stuff to reach that 14k mark so with everything we have on ours we're probably over loaded.
inspectorgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2012, 08:51 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by inspectorgf View Post
Mine is a 2012 with the hydrolic jacks and second air, the dry weight is 12,800 dry and the gvwr is 14,000. I don't think it would take carrying to much stuff to reach that 14k mark so with everything we have on ours we're probably over loaded.
That's why I changed the tires to Goodyear 614s G rated tires which gives us more tire capacity. Doesn't change much for the axles, but I am much more comfortable with American made tires than China bombs.
2001 Ford Excursion Limited 4x4 7.3L,V/B Spring Mod, ProComps, Hellwig Swaybar, & other 'Necessities'
Old 09-22-2012, 03:24 PM   #5

Ready to camp I'm at ~13750 and my pin is 2480. This is packed for 5-7 days of camping and I only carry 1/3 tank fresh water to operate toilets while on the road.

Nights Camped in 2015 -- 40
Nights Camped in 2016 -- 26
cfisher523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 08:17 PM   #6

Thank God I wasn't drinking something while reading golfmedics reply "china bombs" now thats funny I'm going to use that. I read the info sheet on the saq and it has it gvwr at 14060lbs what size axles are they using under it a 7500lb.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Thank God I wasn't drinking something while reading golfmedics reply "china bombs" now thats funny I'm going to use that. I read the info sheet on the saq and it has it gvwr at 14060lbs what size axles are they using under it a 7500lb.

Not as far as I know. I believe they are still using 6k axles with a dry weight of 2060 lbs for the pin weight. I won't buy another one until they add an option to go up to 7k axles. Although I love my unit, most other manufacturers have been using 7k axles for the past 2 years.
Old 10-02-2012, 12:03 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik View Post
Not as far as I know. I believe they are still using 6k axles with a dry weight of 2060 lbs for the pin weight. I won't buy another one until they add an option to go up to 7k axles. Although I love my unit, most other manufacturers have been using 7k axles for the past 2 years.
Golfmedic I received a final call yesterday from the dealer and was able to add the 7000lb axles for $ 500. But will still only have six lug wheels .
Old 10-02-2012, 04:56 PM   #9

Quote:
Golfmedic I received a final call yesterday from the dealer and was able to add the 7000lb axles for $ 500. But will still only have six lug wheels .
I have never seen 7k axles with a six lug pattern. Just went through the Dexter Axle site and didn't see one either. Every one I've seen or worked on have been 8 lug. Not to say they don't make them, but I would do a little more checking on that one. Not trying to imply they are not being honest with you, I've just never seen them. I am teaching today and tonight, maybe I can try to do some more research. On a quick note, just found this thread Swapping 6k# axles for new 7k# axles... - Escapees Discussion Forum

Sounds like it may be possible. No time to read it all, but will later. If it can be done that easily I might have to do another mod!
Old 10-03-2012, 06:28 AM   #10

I will have to look and see what axles they are using these dealers are worthless as far as knowledge is concerned. The quote out of the the salesmans mouth was "I just called the factory and they are offering a 7000lb upgrade for $ 500 and you get to keep the same wheels however the tires are the same load range e" now hearing that I ordered the nicer upgraded wheels so I will have to see if that means i still get the nicer wheels in 8 lug or the same6 lug wheels tires that r on the 6000 lb axles. I'll let u know.
Old 10-03-2012, 01:16 PM   #11

Quote:
I will have to look and see what axles they are using these dealers are worthless as far as knowledge is concerned. The quote out of the the salesmans mouth was "I just called the factory and they are offering a 7000lb upgrade for $ 500 and you get to keep the same wheels however the tires are the same load range e" now hearing that I ordered the nicer upgraded wheels so I will have to see if that means i still get the nicer wheels in 8 lug or the same6 lug wheels tires that r on the 6000 lb axles. I'll let u know.
I'm only offering advice here, but if it were me, I would get the name of the factory rep that your dealer deals with and call them personally. We all know how salesmen are. Also, I would put it in the contract that if it was not delivered with the axles you ordered and paid for, you would not take the unit. I know I sound harsh or crass, but I'm over the fact that they sell these campers with 6k axles when they weigh as much as they do. Most all other manufacturers are putting units of this length(and some a lot shorter) on 7k axles. When mine came in I nearly refused it. When I saw this on the side, I became very irritated.

They should know better! Most people buy them thinking they are ok on weight, when if fact they are not! Look at what the cargo weight is limited to
Make sure of what you are ordering and make sure you get what you order. As stated before, I will not own another equipped like this with this type of weight rating. They need bigger axles, higher strength wheels and higher load capacity tires. Seems others in the industry have caught on. Apparently they haven't. I love the unit for everything else but this! But this pushing the limits as far as I am concerned.
Monty
Old 10-03-2012, 01:48 PM   #12
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfmedik

I'm only offering advice here, but if it were me, I would get the name of the factory rep that your dealer deals with and call them personally. We all know how salesmen are. Also, I would put it in the contract that if it was not delivered with the axles you ordered and paid for, you would not take the unit. I know I sound harsh or crass, but I'm over the fact that they sell these campers with 6k axles when they weigh as much as they do. Most all other manufacturers are putting units of this length(and some a lot shorter) on 7k axles. When mine came in I nearly refused it. When I saw this on the side, I became very irritated.

They should know better! Most people buy them thinking they are ok on weight, when if fact they are not! Look at what the cargo weight is limited to
Make sure of what you are ordering and make sure you get what you order. As stated before, I will not own another equipped like this with this type of weight rating. They need bigger axles, higher strength wheels and higher load capacity tires. Seems others in the industry have caught on. Apparently they haven't. I love the unit for everything else but this! But this pushing the limits as far as I am concerned.
Monty
In all fairness when you ordered it did it not list cargo capacity on the invoice ?

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:06 PM   #13
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:

Monty
I understand your concern on the very low CCC. I've attached a link to that make/model on the Forest River site...

Sierra Fifth Wheel by Forest River

They list the UVW at 11873#...yours is 13035# on the sticker. What's up with that? The CCC and GVWR is listed as TBD! We load a 1000#'s in our 30' camper.

I believe that you have a very legitimate beef with Forest River to upgrade the axles to 7000#'s for free and change it's GVWR.

A 41+' 5th wheel with a CCC of less than 1000#'s...Really???

Dave

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 05:29 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
In all fairness when you ordered it did it not list cargo capacity on the invoice ?

Turbs
No it didn't. The rig was barely a month into production when we ordered it. The dealer had virtually no information and the website had nothing on ther but a floor plan. No weights at all. I didn't think it would be much heavier than our '11 355QBQ that we had. Boy was I wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave_Monica View Post
I understand your concern on the very low CCC. I've attached a link to that make/model on the Forest River site...

Sierra Fifth Wheel by Forest River

They list the UVW at 11873#...yours is 13035# on the sticker. What's up with that? T

A 41+' 5th wheel with a CCC of less than 1000#'s...Really???

Dave
We ordered ours with a second air, extra insulation, electric rear jacks, generator prep, heated tanks, and a few others that slip my mind as of now. That is the only reason that I can come up with. But, if they offer options like that, that push the limits of the suspension..come on now!!! They should have upgraded the axles to at least 7k.

Monty
Old 10-03-2012, 06:21 PM   #15
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The only thing that yours has that mine didn't at time of manufacture was the 2nd air and gen prep. I know the A/C unit isn't more than 150lbs, the gen prep is what? My sticker says 12635. Wonder what the difference is.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
The only thing that yours has that mine didn't at time of manufacture was the 2nd air and gen prep. I know the A/C unit isn't more than 150lbs, the gen prep is what? My sticker says 12635. Wonder what the difference is.

Not really sure. But now, figure in the weight of full propane tanks(60 or so pounds), a 102 pound 2nd air, 300 pound generator, 30 pounds for an extra battery(generator) and we are at nearly 500 pounds of that CCC weight. Before a single personal thing goes into the camper!!!!

We did not order Corian in this one as in our last due to the black color that showed every single scratch. After about a month they went to a lighter color that we would probably have bought. Also, ours has the outside kitchen with the extra fridge so there is a few more pounds.
Old 10-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #17

Monty,
Just a heads up from our previous conversation. "Looks like this may be a touchy subject" I tried all day to get a hold of a Forest River rep. I was flip flopped between 4 different people none of which answered their phone and finally by the end of the day I had one return phone call from a customer service rep. After a long winded voice mail he deferred all my questions to lippert via a 1-800 #. They were closed. I did however speak to "the largest sandpiper dealer in the country” in Minnesota. The gentleman's name was Dennis who adamantly defended the 12k axle rating of the 365saq and then went on to state that the 7k lb. option was not an idea of forest river but only made available due to "people with more money than sense wanting to buy something they didn't need". However after his long winded rant, of how adequate the 6k axles are he was more than willing to look into it through his forest river rep. Monty, back to our initial discussion this morning, my dealers comment about the "tires“ being the same was correct. However the axles are, per the FR rep, an 8 lug Alco unit rated at 7k. Not the original 6 lugs on the 6k axles. Now, I’m just curious to see what 8 lug aluminum wheel will come on them.

On another note, dexter was a very helpful company to deal with and was the only vender to answer the phone. I will keep you updated.
Marc
Old 10-03-2012, 06:44 PM   #18

Quote:
Monty,
Just a heads up from our previous conversation. "Looks like this may be a touchy subject" I tried all day to get a hold of a Forest River rep. I was flip flopped between 4 different people none of which answered their phone and finally by the end of the day I had one return phone call from a customer service rep. After a long winded voice mail he deferred all my questions to lippert via a 1-800 #. They were closed. I did however speak to "the largest sandpiper dealer in the country” in Minnesota. The gentleman's name was Dennis who adamantly defended the 12k axle rating of the 365saq and then went on to state that the 7k lb. option was not an idea of forest river but only made available due to "people with more money than sense wanting to buy something they didn't need". However after his long winded rant, of how adequate the 6k axles are he was more than willing to look into it through his forest river rep. Monty, back to our initial discussion this morning, my dealers comment about the "tires“ being the same was correct. However the axles are, per the FR rep, an 8 lug Alco unit rated at 7k. Not the original 6 lugs on the 6k axles. Now, I’m just curious to see what 8 lug aluminum wheel will come on them.

On another note, dexter was a very helpful company to deal with and was the only vender to answer the phone. I will keep you updated.
Marc
Good. Sorry to get so "ill" about this, but it really concerns me. I just can't believe that this is happening. They should know better! If you get 7 axles, you will then have the ability to upgrade to 17.5" wheels and commercial tires that you will never have to worry about. The rig will be well below the carrying capacity of the tires, before you hook it to the truck! Keep after them and please keep us posted.

Monty
Old 10-03-2012, 06:49 PM   #19
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Watching this thread as well ....... would love to see how this turns out.

Turbs
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 06:54 PM   #20
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Not really sure. But now, figure in the weight of full propane tanks(60 or so pounds), a 102 pound 2nd air, 300 pound generator, 30 pounds for an extra battery(generator) and we are at nearly 500 pounds of that CCC weight. Before a single personal thing goes into the camper!!!!

We did not order Corian in this one as in our last due to the black color that showed every single scratch. After about a month they went to a lighter color that we would probably have bought. Also, ours has the outside kitchen with the extra fridge so there is a few more pounds.
I have the outside kitchen with fridge and the lighter color corian counters. The things you mention, aside from your 2nd A/C from factory, are all after the posted weight. I really should be 100lbs or so of your posted weight, not 400.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
365, 365saq