Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-14-2015, 01:19 PM   #1

371REBH electrical issues

From the day we pulled our 2016 Sandpiper 371REBH off the lot we have had electrical problems. Is anyone else with this model having problems? It started out just blown fuses, which are easily replaced. But now (just one month after purchase) the slides and jacks will not function at all. It is currently in the shop, waiting for warranty approval. What are your experiences and thoughts about this. I'm wondering if we have a lemon or if the kinks are not worked out of the 2016s yet?!? We are new full-timers and have had nothing but issues.
WandeRNs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2015, 09:05 PM   #2

Hey, our friends and us each bought new fully loaded 2016's in May.

We've had small issues that were easily fixed without going to the dealers. Neither of our unit needed any warranty work; except for the tires!
denali15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2015, 09:50 AM   #3
Site Team

Sounds like some wiring got pinched during the build and is now shorted out. They should be able to fix it and solve all those problems pretty easily once they get approval.
Old 12-17-2015, 02:14 PM   #4
Myaamia

Picked up our 2015 in April. No real issues so far.
2015 Sierra 371REBH
B&W Companion 20K
Leathernek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2015, 07:53 AM   #5

Let me share my "good" FR issue experience. ONCE FR HAS YOUR ISSUE ON RECORD, they WILL stand behind it and fix it even if warranty expires during the WAIT FOR REPAIR time. In YOUR CASE, just ensure you DOCUMENT the issues with the factory. They maintain excellent records. My issues did not occur until AFTER YEAR 1. I still have to go back to Goshen for a new roof install!! Trying to decide on waiting for 2016 Rally or go before!
Regardless, this should end my MAJOR issues.
SilverbackMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 04:55 PM   #6

We've had ours 6 months now and have had a bunch of minor issues. As for electrical, we to kept blowing the main fuse on pump motor. Seemed like it happens every time we setup. I put a 30 amp in place of the 20 and haven't had an issue anymore. Then we had the lights above the recliner quit. They used wire nuts on the connection and one came loose. Other than that it's just been a bunch of other little issues. Annoying but not terrible.
Mikele is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
electric, electrical