Old 06-22-2015, 08:26 AM   #11

We picked ours up in May, been out one time and everything went great, we love it because it has the rear living area that I wanted and has a bunk room that my wife wanted for the grandkids.. which by the way come over every weekend to camp in the driveway..lol. A few little issues most frustrating has been trying to get all the cable connections working but that being picky seeing we are suppose to be camping and enjoying the out doors. Both dealer and factory have been great to call and get information while trying to figure things out. Tested the air and furnace but haven't been able to really be able to test them seeing I don't have 30/50amp at home to run the air one of my projects to run a 30amp in the garage.
I tow with a GMC 2500 diesel and so far getting between 11.6-12 mpg at 65. but remember Michigan is flat and I only towed from the dealer 3 hours and one time camping about 3 hours round trip. I am geeked about the mileage. in my old gas truck I was only get 8mpg towing my 24ft race trailer. Have our first big trip the week after the 4th to Hershey PA with the full troop. 2 daughters 4 grandkids and a son-inlaw plus wife and I. The only thing I am struggling with is where to stop on the way there seeing we are not going to drive trough because they have no vacancy at the park we are staying at

Old 06-22-2015, 11:47 AM   #12

We have been in ours for almost 2 weeks. We love it. We have had some issues as well. The biggest was the shower door and lack of silicone. It leaked all over the floor first time we used it. As stated earlier it is an easy fix. Also had a vent fan missing a screw, burner on stove disconnected, tv was adjusted wrong, and some other minor issues. After fixing these minor things we have been loving it. Im a handy guy so fixing it hasn't been an issue. Floor plan wise its perfect for us. We are full timers with a 19month old. It is so much easier than than the Allegro Bus we were in. On a side note regarding the inverter not working, (Mine wasn't connected at the battery). As for a tow vehicle we have a Med duty truck, International 4700. Haven't towed with it yet though as we had ours delivered to us. The delivery driver used a srw 2500 Chevy duramax and said other than length it was a breeze to tow.

Old 09-24-2015, 02:03 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKay View Post
We love ours. Cannot beat the floor plan. Only issues so far are fridge won't run on inverter, microwave occasionally doesn't heat and there is no sealant between the shower glass bottom track and the shower base so water runs on the floor. These are all easy fixes, but haven't felt like carrying it in to the dealer yet. We're pulling with F250, pulls great and 10.5-11.5 mpg running 65-67 mph.
What year is your F-250? If you don't mind me asking?

Old 12-19-2015, 10:19 AM   #14

Hi, I am new here and am considering ordering this unit. About how long did it take for you to receive it once ordered? TIA. Liz
Old 12-19-2015, 02:24 PM   #15

We ordered our 371 in the beginning of March and it arrived early May and then the dealer took a few days to PDI. Around 8-10 weeks
Old 12-19-2015, 03:06 PM   #16

That is faster than I thought it would be. Thank you for your input. Liz
Old 12-19-2015, 04:25 PM   #17

We ordered ours in early March and got it in June. We ordered it from a place in Ohio. I'm not gonna state the name as I don't recommend them but I'm not going to trash them either. Just do your due diligence on finding a dealer, and don't go with the best online price. They told us 6-8 weeks at time of order, was more like 12 once all was said n done. But count on 8-10.
Old 12-19-2015, 05:09 PM   #18

Thank you very much. I was thinking it could take up to 6 months, so anything less is a bonus to me. I am still in my research phase, so I will definitely be doing my due diligence. We have been fulltiming for 5 years in our current rig, not a Forest River product, so I have a lot of research to do. I love the floor plan on this unit plus all the new features that have come out over the last few years make it very intriguing. Again thank you for your input. Liz
Old 12-19-2015, 05:42 PM   #19

The floor plan is awesome. We have a two yr old and removed the bunk and sofa and put her crib in place of them. Fits perfect and it's great for her to have her own room. We have a bunch of minor issues, but that's kinda expected. Nothing major though. I just did the basement upgrade which effectively doubles the storage area. Very nice for fulltimers. Its been covered on here somewhere. Overall we are very pleased with it.
Old 12-19-2015, 07:37 PM   #20

I am very happy to hear that you love it. We would love to have an extra bedroom. We have guests come a few times a year, and our grand kids are finally getting old enough to come on some trips with us, so this floor plan looks perfect. It would be great not to have wall to wall people sleeping in the living area on their visits, or it can increase the number of people we can accommodate some weekends.