Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2015, 07:26 PM   #1

371rebh Slide out problem

I have a two month old 371rebh and the landing gear and slide outs are doing the intermittent movement thing. When I lower the landing gear all seems to be fine, when I hook up and retract the first one will almost run all the way in but stops, I need to wait 5-10 seconds and it will finish going home, the second one will retract about 3-5" then stop, wait 5-10 seconds and then another 3-5" until it completes. I can here a circuit breaker or selanoid click each time, both when it stops and again before it will start. The same thing happens with the 4 slide outs going in or out. Usually the 1st in the sequence will nearly complete before the routine starts. I've read other forums that talk about the problem and it is fixed by replacing the automatic circuit breaker. I'm not able to locate it and am wondering if anyone knows where it is or if it is integrated with the multidirectional selanoid that the motor is hooked to. It is under warranty but I would like the information when I arrive at the scheduled appointment on May 1st..
levert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 08:42 PM   #2

I believe it's because of the hydraulic slide outs and the landing gear should be hydro as well. AFAIK, it's normal. We just picked ours up two weeks ago, and when he did the pdi and pulled the slides in he said they will move when the hydraulic pressure reaches the right resistance.

Hope this helps!
Jsabe07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:51 AM   #3

They move just fine, but stop and start. That should not happen. Take 10 minutes to get the slides all in place.
Old 04-29-2015, 12:35 PM   #4
Myaamia

Any update to this issue with landing and slides?

Quote:
Originally Posted by levert View Post
They move just fine, but stop and start. That should not happen. Take 10 minutes to get the slides all in place.
Levert, wondering what the solution was for your issue with hydraulics...thanks.
2015 Sierra 371REBH
B&W Companion 20K
Leathernek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:40 AM   #5

Replace your circuit breaker with a slightly bigger one. You probably have a 20A and need a 30A. Check your local auto parts house for one.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 04:35 PM   #6

Follow the wires from the battery to the hydraulic pump, you breaker will be in between. A lot of times they are mounted behind a rubber flap near the pump.
2008 Wildcat 32QBBS(your pregnant again), 2004 Wildcat 29BHBP (oooh twins), 2000 Travel Supreme (pre kids)
Dirt_Farmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2015, 05:22 PM   #7

There are two breakers on one block. It would seem one is for the landing gear and the other for the slide outs. I think both are 50amp. I take back to the dealer Monday the 4th. I do hope it is only the breakers.
Old 05-07-2015, 12:34 PM   #8

Slide out problem fixed

I took it back on Monday and they fixed it. Don't know if the breaker was weak or not. Here is what the repair fix stated. "Found a loose stud on the breaker mount, tightened it and installed a 2nd breaker in parallel. Tested to verify the fix."

I'm not sure as I really don't know much about electricity and how it works, but I'm making the assumption that putting a breaker in parallel reduced the load by half.

Tags
slide, slide out