Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2016, 11:11 PM   #1

376 BHOK Owners Help!!!

We just recently purchased a 2016 376BHOK, took her out for the maiden voyage this weekend and everything went great. I just had a few questions. We were given the spec on the gray and Black tank volumes when we purchased and it appears that there are 5 tanks on our unit. Grey Tank 1 according to our dealer is a 52 gallon tank that supplies the master bath only. Our previous camper only had a 30 gallon grey for the bathroom and we would have to dump after 2 people had showered normally. My question is, we had at least 7 showers taken over the the last few days and never once filled the tank or had to dump until we pulled out today. Is there an overflow line that carries over to the other grey tank or something.According to our dealer we have a Gray 1 & Gray 2. black 1 & Black 2 and a Galley 1. Can someone help me to understand if these tanks are interconnected in any way or exactly what is going where...Figured I would try this before I started filling tanks one at a time in the yard to experiment for myself...
Rob_A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 06:35 AM   #2

I wish I could help, but I have been trying to figure out how mine is plumbed too. Mine has a black tank 2 flush, but no black tank two dump valve. Go figure.

Your valves could be sticking slightly open and that is why you didn't need to dump. I have one that won't quite close completely and notice the slinky is full after a couple of days of camping.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 07:20 AM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I would say they're probably not connected, but that your habits may have changed slightly with the newer rig. Shorter shower, less water/water pressure.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:42 AM   #4

Have the 372lok and would really like to know the answer to that also. My dealer didn't have a clue how the tanks were set up.
Tarheel fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 09:45 AM   #5

This thread reminded me to contact FR with my questions. I sent an email this morning to Jeffery Johnson. I will let you guys know what I hear back.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Old 04-25-2016, 02:16 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_A View Post
We just recently purchased a 2016 376BHOK, took her out for the maiden voyage this weekend and everything went great. I just had a few questions. We were given the spec on the gray and Black tank volumes when we purchased and it appears that there are 5 tanks on our unit. Grey Tank 1 according to our dealer is a 52 gallon tank that supplies the master bath only. Our previous camper only had a 30 gallon grey for the bathroom and we would have to dump after 2 people had showered normally. My question is, we had at least 7 showers taken over the the last few days and never once filled the tank or had to dump until we pulled out today. Is there an overflow line that carries over to the other grey tank or something.According to our dealer we have a Gray 1 & Gray 2. black 1 & Black 2 and a Galley 1. Can someone help me to understand if these tanks are interconnected in any way or exactly what is going where...Figured I would try this before I started filling tanks one at a time in the yard to experiment for myself...
This trailer is the same plumbing as the 365saq my last one before i got my new 376 BHOK you have 52gal. fresh water in front along with a 54 gal grey tank, and a 54gal black tank, now in the rear there is a 54gal gray/galley tank that is for out door kitchen, but the sink in rear is plumbed to black tank. I usually for the 2 of us go 7 days without dumping the black tanks i leave the grey and galley in front and galley in back open when in apark. Note when flushing the black i turn on the water and let it fill the black tanks for approx 7minutes before draining either front or back.
I'm full time and hope this helps you guys dealers don't really know or care.
Dick,
dicky1243 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2016, 10:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
I wish I could help, but I have been trying to figure out how mine is plumbed too. Mine has a black tank 2 flush, but no black tank two dump valve. Go figure.

Your valves could be sticking slightly open and that is why you didn't need to dump. I have one that won't quite close completely and notice the slinky is full after a couple of days of camping.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Thanks for the info, I'll be looking for your response. We also have 2 black tank flush ports in our control center. Our black 2 and grey 2 dump valves are located on the drivers side behind the trailer rear axles. Your valves are not located there?
Old 04-25-2016, 10:35 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicky1243 View Post
This trailer is the same plumbing as the 365saq my last one before i got my new 376 BHOK you have 52gal. fresh water in front along with a 54 gal grey tank, and a 54gal black tank, now in the rear there is a 54gal gray/galley tank that is for out door kitchen, but the sink in rear is plumbed to black tank. I usually for the 2 of us go 7 days without dumping the black tanks i leave the grey and galley in front and galley in back open when in apark. Note when flushing the black i turn on the water and let it fill the black tanks for approx 7minutes before draining either front or back.
I'm full time and hope this helps you guys dealers don't really know or care. Sierra and sandpiper are the same trl different color
Also thanks for the info. I spoke to my dealer today and he was able to track down some info and the sheet he got was pretty much in line with what you said. What really struck us as odd was the facts that I stated in the original post about the number of showers we were able to take without dumping. Also after we read full on the grey 1 tank we noticed the level in the grey to tank rose all the way to 2/3 full on the indicator. We tested it at the dealership during the walk through and I was aware of the 1/2 bath sink dumping to black 2. However we were only camping for 2 days and really did not use the outdoor kitchen sink very much so when we saw grey 1 full and grey 2 that high it got us wondering. This being our first trip in the new rig I was trying to get an estimate on what we could put in all the tanks so I did not have any drain line connected or valves open on this trip. Didn't even let out the first drop until we were at the dump site. May try a few experiments tomorrow....Thanks for all the help and info I am sure I'll be asking for plenty more tips in the future
Old 04-25-2016, 11:47 PM   #9

Quote:
Thanks for the info, I'll be looking for your response. We also have 2 black tank flush ports in our control center. Our black 2 and grey 2 dump valves are located on the drivers side behind the trailer rear axles. Your valves are not located there?

He does not have a black 2 valve because there is no half bath in a Bhok if I recall correctly

jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2016, 12:24 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerky View Post
He does not have a black 2 valve because there is no half bath in a Bhok if I recall correctly

Really, Funny how We have the exact same year, make, and model and I do have a half bath and those valves which I described are in the exact place I described them for that very thing, which is why I offered the input !!!!!!
Old 04-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #11

Quote:

Thanks for making me feel like a dummy! I went out and looked and there they were. This now makes the plumbing make sense and has solved my "leaking valve" problem as they were both pulled open.

Why in the heck would they be there, and not the panel in the basement where it shows them as optional? Oh well.

Thanks for the info! I really appreciate it.

Still have not heard back from Sandpiper but I guess that doesn't matter now!

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Old 04-27-2016, 11:24 AM   #12

Quote:

The BHOK is a bath and half model.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Old 04-27-2016, 11:04 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
The BHOK is a bath and half model.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Noticed that after I posted, should have looked before, sorry for any confusion

jerky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 02:50 AM   #14
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Noticed that after I posted, should have looked before, sorry for any confusion

I believe there are several "BHOK" models across the FR lines, some of which may only have a single bath. BHOK, is Bunk House/ Outside Kitchen.

AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote