Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2018, 09:27 PM   #1

376BHOK AC problems

We purchased a 376BHOK two summers ago. We live in Texas and primarily camp in the summer in TX. We have had nothing but problems with the AC in our unit. We have had two camping trips completely ruined because the camper wouldn't cool past about 85 degrees! This past weekend we set the thermostat on 64 degrees at one point and the camper never cooled past 85. We have our annual trip coming up at the end of this month and I am sick thinking about how it will be ruined again. We have been round and round with Forest River and the dealer where we purchased our camper. They have tried many different things, so far NOTHING has helped. Are any of you experiencing the same issue with the same unit?
Old 06-10-2018, 07:47 PM   #2
Coach

I'm not really familiar with your particular model, but a few things to check would be air flow coming from the vents, and air temperature at the vents. I know Texas summers are pretty warm, if your interior temp is 10 to 20 degrees cooler than the outside temp, that may be all you can expect unless you beef up your insulation. If you have dual ac, make sure they are both on, I know it sounds obvious, but you'd be amazed what some people miss. Setting your thermostat so low can cause an ac to freeze also as it never cycles off. When we set up camp we usually start out setting the ac 5 or 10 degrees below the outside temp. Then we'll bump it down again if needed. If you're camping with an outside temp of 100 degrees though, 85 is actually probably pretty good for a camper that doesn't have extra insulation. Good luck, hope this helps.

2017 Sandpiper 381RBOK
2006 Ram 3500 Cummins Dually
valleyduo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2018, 08:48 PM   #3

I camp in the Texas heat also usually in the mid 90's and I can get my camper in the mid 70's as long as there isn't any in and out traffic. I've noticed it in the low 80's when the two doors are being opened and closed a lot. I did pull all the vent covers and added tape to any small openings in the duct work. Have you tried pulling the AC covers and vents to check for any leaks into the roof?
Old 06-24-2018, 02:57 PM   #4

Check out this older thread as this seems to be a problem with some models including mine. It was an old thread to which I recently added my experience. Tons of good advice in that thread including video and pics. Start on page one or you'll miss some great advice: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ml#post1850148
Upgrades since May 2018: 3rd AC, 320 toilet, Bidet, ext solar lighting, screen ext vents, mod galley lights, LED lights indoors/outdoor...
USNHMC8408RET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2018, 02:58 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roland Fam View Post
We purchased a 376BHOK two summers ago. We live in Texas and primarily camp in the summer in TX. We have had nothing but problems with the AC in our unit. We have had two camping trips completely ruined because the camper wouldn't cool past about 85 degrees! This past weekend we set the thermostat on 64 degrees at one point and the camper never cooled past 85. We have our annual trip coming up at the end of this month and I am sick thinking about how it will be ruined again. We have been round and round with Forest River and the dealer where we purchased our camper. They have tried many different things, so far NOTHING has helped. Are any of you experiencing the same issue with the same unit?
Check out this older thread as this seems to be a problem with some models including mine. It was an old thread to which I recently added my experience. Tons of good advice in that thread including video and pics. Start on page one or you'll miss some great advice: Added 3rd A/C to 389rd
Upgrades since May 2018: 3rd AC, 320 toilet, Bidet, ext solar lighting, screen ext vents, mod galley lights, LED lights indoors/outdoor...
USNHMC8408RET is offline   Reply With Quote