Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-29-2014, 02:58 PM   #1

376BHOK Movement while set up

I was wondering if anyone has installed JT Strongarms on there 376bhok? We use a tripod on the kingpin along with hydraulic landing gear and scissor jacks in rear and still have alot of movement if anyone is in the rear of the trailer. I watched the video for the Strongarms and looks like the spare tire and the under belly might be some issues for the install? Any advice? Thanks
SouthAlabama5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 03:32 PM   #2

I cannot comment of fitting the Strongarms but...

Strongarms will remove virtually all movement I am told (getting a set installed at Goshen I have also been told you no longer need a Kingpin Tripod with the Strongarms (fingers crossed on this!)

You can look into a set of BAL X-Chocks as well. these pretty much lock your 2 axels up so they cannot rock the unit (you have to chock anyway, so why not chock like a boss? )

Finally, we have a step brace that firms up the fold down steps such that they do not move when stepped on.
Nights Camped: 2013 - 242014 - 422015 - 56Jul 2016 - Fulltime
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2014, 05:13 PM   #3

We don't have any play in our hydraulic landing gear unlike the electric landing gear we had on our previous fiver. We only sense movement when the kids are jumping around in the rear bunkhouse. I try to put as much pressure on my rear jacks as possible with out risk of damaging them. I have often wondered if some midship supports would help. Curious to see more replies. Good luck !

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-29-2014, 08:28 PM   #4

We use the BAL X Chocks and they help alot with the forward and back movement, ours is a side by side wobble from the back end that bothers us. The front hydraulic jacks are better electric ones. I wondered the same thing about some midship jacks, if they would help. But I think I'm gonna order some JT's off Amazon this week.
SouthAlabama5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2014, 09:06 PM   #5

I have the sandpiper 365 saq. I had the same problem. I had the steadfast installed and it made a difference. It didn't get rid of all the motion. I called the steadfast company and they said the electric power jacks in the back don't support very well and to add a set of regular sissor jacks behind the wheels. I think the her has so much weight over the side of the camper that it will be very hard to get all the motion out.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote