Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2015, 08:14 AM   #1

378fb anyone have one? Need feedback

We're looking at this floor plan & are wondering if anyone has had trouble with the refrigerator side slide?

Looked at 2 at Holman RV in Ohio. The 1st one had the slide totally out of alignment & made a really loud crunching noise as it was going out.

The 2nd one could barely get the slide starting to move like it was hung up & didn't have enough power to move the slide. It almost seems too heavy with that giant fridge, stove, microwave, pantry & theatre seats.

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
Old 11-09-2015, 08:14 AM   #2

I have a 2015 377FLIK, It has the Stove/Oven, Microwave/Vent Hood, Refrigerator and Pantry in one of the 5 slide outs.
I have had no trouble with mine. The "House Type" refrigerator is loaded with food, the pantry is really loaded with food (actually overloaded I'm sure).
The slide out works flawlessly, every time.

So, while the ones you looked at may have made noise and seamed to lack power, I think that maybe the unit wasn't sitting level when trying to put the slides out or something was blocking it.
They are also electric over hydraulic on mine, so this means that the pump will move 1 of the slides faster than the others until it's out, then it will move another one and so on. But, they are all moving while the switch is held, it just takes some time for the hydraulic pump to do it.
I do wish that each slide had it's own switch, but mine has a switch for each "upper deck" slide, then one switch for the 2 kitchen and master bedroom all combined. I have switches outside by the pump to stop the pump from doing 1 or 2 of the slides if needed.

When the dealer showed me my model, he didn't check to make sure everything was clear, one of the cabinet doors by the master bedroom slide was open and while opening it he destroyed the cabinet door and mirror that was in it...7 yrs bad luck for him I guess
TurkeyBranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 10:38 AM   #3

I very much appreciate your response. However, the slide in the 378fb is considerably larger than the 371flik. It also has the additional weight of the theatre seating. I'll post the 2 floorplans here so you can see. The slide is pretty massive in person and I didn't see any other floorplans for this brand that have this large of a slide with so much weight placed on it. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1447083508.245274.jpg
Views:	154
Size:	199.8 KB
ID:	93950

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
Old 11-09-2015, 06:22 PM   #4

We have the 371rebh with the residential refer. The kitchen slide is fine. The salesman showing you the unit was most likely using a weak battery pack or weak battery.

Never had a problem with any of the slides. They open one after another with the heavier / bigger ones opening up last and closing last.
denali15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 06:56 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by denali15 View Post
We have the 371rebh with the residential refer. The kitchen slide is fine. The salesman showing you the unit was most likely using a weak battery pack or weak battery.

Never had a problem with any of the slides. They open one after another with the heavier / bigger ones opening up last and closing last.

Thank you for replying! That's good news! Did you buy yours in the USA?

2014 Crusader 295rst
2014 F150 Fx4
Old 11-09-2015, 08:14 PM   #6

We bought ours locally here just outside of Ottawa, Ontario. Our Canadian dollar sucks so wasn't worth buying it in the US. It's nice to buy local though...
denali15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:29 PM   #7

We have had our 378fb for 6 months and have had the slide adjusted 1 time, last time it started catching on the way out. The Dealer is 3 hours each way and had to leave it, so it takes 12 hours to take and go back to pick it up. With that said I fixed it myself and it was easy.

Other than that we've had no problems.....we love it!
Wood guy is offline   Reply With Quote