Old 08-14-2016, 03:58 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDavis View Post
FR has really done a poor job addressing this issue. There are many other threads about the same issue. I have a 2016 365SAQB and experienced all the above. I am pretty handy so fixed most of it myself. The dealer will measure your Delta Temp. Intake vs, output. Should be about a 25 degree differential. A lot of the Brisk Air II models are not properly sealed and I also found huge gaps where the duct work connects. I taped everything, sealed the gaps, covered the skylights with reflective covering, and can maintain 76-78 inside with direct sunlight in Florida Summer Heat.

I too toyed with a 3rd 13500 but unit. I searched and found a thread where he added an additional 30amp circuit, breaker box, and outside 30amp shoreline to the rear of his Sandpiper. Was a very clean and effective install with about $1000 involved. A portable AC would be much cheaper however you will need to find a way to run the exhaust from the unit.

Go to the main page for modifications and search 3rd AC install

Could you link is to the thread? I have been searching with no luck. I find the search feature disappointing on the site.

Thanks

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

Old 08-14-2016, 07:35 PM   #22

Same here. I just started my install. I removed a few vent and a few lights and got my fish tape to where my vent is in the rear of the camper.
Amazon has the three parts i need to install it.

My only question is where do i find the duct that connects the ac to the orginal ducts in the camper?

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
Could you link is to the thread? I have been searching with no luck. I find the search feature disappointing on the site.

Thanks

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Old 08-15-2016, 08:52 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
Same here. I just started my install. I removed a few vent and a few lights and got my fish tape to where my vent is in the rear of the camper.

Amazon has the three parts i need to install it.

My only question is where do i find the duct that connects the ac to the orginal ducts in the camper?

If you don't mind, keep us posted with some pictures and info on the process. I have made up my mind that a third AC will be going in this fall / winter.

Thanks

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Old 08-15-2016, 08:57 AM   #24

Will do.

I currently have the fish tape to my vent. Now im waiting on the ac and wire and parts.

Ill post up photos and part numbers of what i used when finished up.
Old 08-15-2016, 08:59 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
Will do.

I currently have the fish tape to my vent. Now im waiting on the ac and wire and parts.

Ill post up photos and part numbers of what i used when finished up.

Awesome.

Did you decide to connect it to the Fireplace circuit? After thinking about it, that may not be a bad idea as the two won't be used at the same time.

I am torn between that idea or somehow getting the wiring to the outside and adding a 30am plug.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Old 08-15-2016, 09:05 AM   #26

No i looked and its only 14-2 dometic wants 12-2 on there ac so im pulling new 12-2 to the new ac and to the main panel. Ive bought the HOMT breaker with 20 amps each breaker.

Im taking one 20 amp breaker out and putting a split double in.

There is still enough power to run all three ac units.
With the ccc2 it stagger starts the fan/ compressor so startup shouldnt be a issue.

The beat i can tell one leg will be around 30 amps and there is 50 there.
Old 08-16-2016, 07:58 PM   #27

Just wanted to update instead of hijacking this thread i started my own thread where i will update it the progress there.
Old 08-16-2016, 08:04 PM   #28
Site Team

Our AC was struggling to keep.up. it turns out the duct work wasn't properly sealed off. The factory crew fixed this while we were at the Goshen rally last year. No issues with cooling in NC heat since.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 10:18 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Our AC was struggling to keep.up. it turns out the duct work wasn't properly sealed off. The factory crew fixed this while we were at the Goshen rally last year. No issues with cooling in NC heat since.

Yep ours wasnt either. The front ac wasnt even connected so we had cold air coming out of our outlets in the bedroom !!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-16-2016, 10:25 PM   #30

Before sealing my 15k unit I got almost no cooling. Pulled off top cover, removed gray Styrofoam insulation and found huge holes going to "attic". I used aluminum tape to seal the holes. Then added two inch pvc pipe to inside of return ducts to open them up. Sealed all air vents with tape also. Spent 4 days out in 95F 70+dew point weather last weekend. Set inside to 68F. No problem and the 13.5k unit in Bedroom only came on a couple of times. I know that sealing all the leaks makes a huge difference and is not at all hard to do.