Old 08-17-2016, 12:24 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccsvolsfan View Post
Before sealing my 15k unit I got almost no cooling. Pulled off top cover, removed gray Styrofoam insulation and found huge holes going to "attic". I used aluminum tape to seal the holes. Then added two inch pvc pipe to inside of return ducts to open them up. Sealed all air vents with tape also. Spent 4 days out in 95F 70+dew point weather last weekend. Set inside to 68F. No problem and the 13.5k unit in Bedroom only came on a couple of times. I know that sealing all the leaks makes a huge difference and is not at all hard to do.
Any pictures of what you found and did?

chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 01:17 PM   #32

Sorry, no pics. Still too old school to think of a camera being in the phone. LOL

Old 08-22-2016, 11:02 AM   #33

I'm going to install my third unit before next spring also. I do not plan on hooking it into the duct work though. I'm wanting a separate thermostat on the rear wall of the bunk room, and a dump vent in the bunk room only. The duct keeps up fine during the night, and would only run the third during the day.

Wiring to the washer/dryer breaker in the panel won't work?
Old 08-22-2016, 11:05 AM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsg4 View Post
I'm going to install my third unit before next spring also. I do not plan on hooking it into the duct work though. I'm wanting a separate thermostat on the rear wall of the bunk room, and a dump vent in the bunk room only. The duct keeps up fine during the night, and would only run the third during the day.

Wiring to the washer/dryer breaker in the panel won't work?

Sure wiring to washer and dryer will work. Mine at least is on one 20 amp breaker.

The brisk air 2 has a quick cool feature that you can open to dump directly in the room.

Or you can just use the non ducted version and have the thermostat at the ac unit instead of the thermostat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 10:21 PM   #35

Guys

This can be fixed without a 3rd unit.....

- Tape up attic space to main unit where wires are coming from inside RV to the main ac unit....this will also prevent the excess condensation from fouling up the inside temp sensor which makes it read 32F

- Add 2 additional return units inside - Your dealer or FR will provide the new grates free of charge. Mine showed up a few days after calling them. They know all about this...14,000 units are affected. Apparently Dometic always recommended 4 returns for this new Blizzard NXT model but FR never got the memo.

-THey will also send you closeable return vents for the front bedroom unit which sends more colder air to the rear of rv where you need it most.

-Finally, we do use Reflfectix on all windows during heat of day.

We are in direct full sun all day in hot & highly humid Kentucky and now have no problems. (Previously, I had every problem described in these threads).

Good luck.
Old 08-23-2016, 10:36 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cllyons38 View Post
Guys

- Tape up attic space to main unit where wires are coming from inside RV to the main ac unit....this will also prevent the excess condensation from fouling up the inside temp sensor which makes it read 32F

- Add 2 additional return units inside - Your dealer or FR will provide the new grates free of charge. Mine showed up a few days after calling them. They know all about this...14,000 units are affected. Apparently Dometic always recommended 4 returns for this new Blizzard NXT model but FR never got the memo.

-THey will also send you closeable return vents for the front bedroom unit which sends more colder air to the rear of rv where you need it most.

We are in direct full sun all day in hot & highly humid Kentucky and now have no problems. (Previously, I had every problem described in these threads).

Good luck.

Yep ive done all of that. I actually have 5 return vents in my ceiling from forest river. Ive taped up all duct work and even took the unit off the roof to tape up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-23-2016, 11:32 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cllyons38 View Post
Guys

Good luck.
Window tint/70% heat barrier being installed tomorrow and the recall being performed early Sept. We shall see. If those don't get the job done, I'm adding the 3rd a/c like Brad and jets.

AND for the record the dealer I just got my unit back from didn't know about all this and said everything was A-OK. I've chosen another dealer to do the recall work.
Old 08-24-2016, 11:59 PM   #38

Tint installed today. I can touch the windows in direct sunlight without getting burned! I haven't kicked on the A/C yet to see if that helps, I might tomorrow.
Old 08-27-2016, 07:00 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsg4 View Post
How did you check the taping of the whisper quiet system since you can't check it from the interior?

I've done the front AC already, but not the main unit.

I've already had the additional return air vents installed.
We purchased a 376BHOK from Rick's RV in Ville Platte 6 months ago. We also live in Southern Louisiana so we know where you are coming from with the heat. We installed the solar shades over all the doors and vent pillows. We put the louvere style vents in the front bedroom and and close the main in the bedroom and one of the louvered vents to help keep the rest cool, during the day. Also put one in the bathroom and we do the same thing in there and run it only partially open. We did ask about a 3rd A/C it was right @ $900 for the unit and thermostat installed by them. I dont know what you were looking to pay but that was our quote. We haven't done it yet, we try to pick shaded areas to camp in the heat of summer and have black out shades on all the windows as well..Hope this helps
Old 08-29-2016, 09:48 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob_A View Post
We purchased a 376BHOK from Rick's RV in Ville Platte 6 months ago. We also live in Southern Louisiana so we know where you are coming from with the heat. We installed the solar shades over all the doors and vent pillows. We put the louvere style vents in the front bedroom and and close the main in the bedroom and one of the louvered vents to help keep the rest cool, during the day. Also put one in the bathroom and we do the same thing in there and run it only partially open. We did ask about a 3rd A/C it was right @ $900 for the unit and thermostat installed by them. I dont know what you were looking to pay but that was our quote. We haven't done it yet, we try to pick shaded areas to camp in the heat of summer and have black out shades on all the windows as well..Hope this helps
That's funny, that's the same place that quoted me $1600!!!!