Old 08-29-2016, 11:45 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsg4 View Post
That's funny, that's the same place that quoted me $1600!!!!
What was the size and brand of the unit. I think that was for a Dometic brand. I can't remember the size. Did you buy it from them? This was at the time of our purchase when they offered it so it may have been discounted since we were going to do it during the initial purchase

Old 08-29-2016, 11:49 PM   #42

I saw mention of recall work...was there an actual recall on the ac systems? I still have issues but now that the summer heat is gone, I fear I'm screwed from proving anything to fr or the dealer. I've had the unit for a bit over 4 months. Knowing my dealer, if I call and ask them they will deny any problem. I might end up going the 3rd ac route myself..

Other Ride: 2006 Harley Ultra Classic
Jayfro04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2016, 08:15 AM   #43

Talk to Gabe at Ricks about it When I told him mine wasn't cooling enough he mentioned it to me and ordered the stuff to repair it right away. If it's a recall, they should do it regardless.
Old 08-31-2016, 02:29 PM   #44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfro04 View Post
I saw mention of recall work...was there an actual recall on the ac systems? I still have issues but now that the summer heat is gone, I fear I'm screwed from proving anything to fr or the dealer. I've had the unit for a bit over 4 months. Knowing my dealer, if I call and ask them they will deny any problem. I might end up going the 3rd ac route myself..
Call FR and talk to Scott Hundt. He's Sandpiper Warranty, when I told him what I had going on he said that there was the recall and it should fix it. We will see though I'm scheduled for Sept. 8th. So my 1st attempt at camping in the heat will be well outside my warranty I'm afraid.
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2016, 12:02 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
Call FR and talk to Scott Hundt. He's Sandpiper Warranty, when I told him what I had going on he said that there was the recall and it should fix it. We will see though I'm scheduled for Sept. 8th. So my 1st attempt at camping in the heat will be well outside my warranty I'm afraid.

Do u have scotts number?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 09-04-2016, 04:43 PM   #46

I can confirm that the 70% heat blocking window tint has had absolutely ZERO affect on the interior temperatures. 91-92 again this weekend at the campsite and 79-82 in the main cabin.
Old 09-04-2016, 04:46 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
I can confirm that the 70% heat blocking window tint has had absolutely ZERO affect on the interior temperatures. 91-92 again this weekend at the campsite and 79-82 in the main cabin.

Thats no where near comfortable at all.

Old 09-05-2016, 12:34 AM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
Thats no where near comfortable at all.

It sure is not! It goes in for the recall work on Thursday. Fingers crossed, but realistically I don't think it's going to fix it. I will be looking up the parts from your post soon I'm sure.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:00 AM   #49

Update on mine. I went to pick it up Thursday and the repair shop said that FR did not approve my unit for the additional vents and service bulletin issued by Dometic. AND they didn't look into the cooling issue any further. WTH! So I left it there and now they're going to check the a/c. Of course the service manager that I dropped it off with wasn't there and he didn't write down the fact that it wouldn't get below 78* in 92* outdoor temps. Looks like I'm stuck having to spend the money and time on adding the 3rd a/c in the bunk room. Pretty upsetting that a $50,000 RV needs aftermarket work to have it perform properly.
Old 10-15-2016, 10:03 AM   #50

Here is the service bulletin for anyone that might be interested. My serial number fell inside this range. I guess FR didn't want to fork out the cash to fix it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Dometic TSB.pdf (1.74 MB, 47 views)