Old 10-18-2016, 04:44 PM   #51

When I made the comment 68 degrees I was referring to what was achievable not where we keep the temperature. Most if not all of you can install the 3rd A/C unit, it's not that difficult. If you have a rear ceiling vent your set, all you need to do is remove the vent, run two wires (12-2 wire 20 amp circuit from the main circuit breaker panel and a standard 4 wire flat cable phone wire from the front bedroom unit to the new 3rd unit at the rear) that's it. Having the CCC 2 thermostat installed makes the job easier since it will control each unit individually. So if you don't need the extra cooling then leave the 3rd unit off or set it's desired temperature higher. If you don't use a washer/dryer then use that circuit for the 20amp. I've attached the part numbers I used and the price I paid. Good Luck!

Dometic 3314850.000 Air Distribution Box Polar White Use With T-Stat
$79.99

B59516.XX1J0 Top Unit
Dometic 15000 BTU Duo Therm Brisk 2 Air RV Air Conditioner Top Unit Black
$539.00

Dometic Comfort Control Center II Multi-Zone Kit Control Box
$93.99

Old 10-19-2016, 01:09 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingalmi View Post
When I made the comment 68 degrees I was referring to what was achievable not where we keep the temperature. Most if not all of you can install the 3rd A/C unit, it's not that difficult. If you have a rear ceiling vent your set, all you need to do is remove the vent, run two wires (12-2 wire 20 amp circuit from the main circuit breaker panel and a standard 4 wire flat cable phone wire from the front bedroom unit to the new 3rd unit at the rear) that's it. Having the CCC 2 thermostat installed makes the job easier since it will control each unit individually. So if you don't need the extra cooling then leave the 3rd unit off or set it's desired temperature higher. If you don't use a washer/dryer then use that circuit for the 20amp. I've attached the part numbers I used and the price I paid. Good Luck!

Dometic 3314850.000 Air Distribution Box Polar White Use With T-Stat
$79.99

B59516.XX1J0 Top Unit
Dometic 15000 BTU Duo Therm Brisk 2 Air RV Air Conditioner Top Unit Black
$539.00

Dometic Comfort Control Center II Multi-Zone Kit Control Box
$93.99
Your control center and distribution box are different part numbers than what Brad had used. Do you know what the differences are? I'm guessing I'll be doing this soon. Where did you order yours from?

chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2016, 06:27 AM   #53

My guess would be his is non ducted that blows local. Mine was the ducted version with the quick cool sliding vent?
Old 10-19-2016, 07:45 AM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
My guess would be his is non ducted that blows local. Mine was the ducted version with the quick cool sliding vent?
That's what I thought was maybe the difference. Do you remember what the prices were on yours and where you got them?
Old 10-19-2016, 07:51 AM   #55

Air Distribution Box is the non-ducted version without controls so that I could use my existing CCC 2 thermostat. The beauty of this is it has manual doors (outlets) that allow me to direct where I want the air to go, it also has a dump capability. Brad used a ducted version and tied into the existing ducting. The existing ducting in my 35 ROK is supply only and consists of a total of 8 outlets along the ceiling to cover almost 42 ft. I really needed more ducts and this was the easiest way to achieve more air supply. I only use the 3rd A/C if I need it and it works perfectly and simple to install. I bought everything online at RV Parts Country. I think their out of Lexington KY. Let me know if I can answer any-other questions, it's nice to be able to talk with someone that's done it. Brad was certainly a help to me.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:02 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
That's what I thought was maybe the difference. Do you remember what the prices were on yours and where you got them?

I do i have the invoice with me here.

My part numbers and prices are as follows.

B59516.xx1j0 Brisk air 2 black with 047 inside.
That included the white ducted inside with the ac.

3312020.00 multizone ccc2 control box

The remote thermostat he had the wrong part number here on the invoice but it was
So my parts was 771.00 plus 59.75 (7.75)% tax all came to 830.75.
Thats not counting the wire i bought from lowes which was around 40 dollars if i remember? And i already had a piece of cat 5 cable from another job so i used that.

Yes i did install in the orginal ducting and i bought 4 more ac supply vents and installed them inside the orginal duct in the camper as well. Because i only had 9 i believe total with the two acs that was on there.

I set them all to 72 and each one cycles on and off as needed. Much much better in the heat. You not just wearing out one unit running all day and half the night trying to keep up or catch up.

I know the forums have helped me alot over the years. I felt like i should give back and give my experiences and help other for a change!

I also bought my parts local to me in charlotte nc.
Campers paradise. They also sell on ebay and amazon but im not sure what there ebay name is.
But i picked up my stuff in person.
Old 10-19-2016, 01:41 PM   #57

for a quick fix get a room air conditioner something like this

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hisense-10-...oner/999990104

then you can think this thing through.

Just my .02
Old 10-19-2016, 07:37 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidegrip View Post
for a quick fix get a room air conditioner something like this

https://www.lowes.com/pd/Hisense-10-...oner/999990104

then you can think this thing through.

Just my .02
FR already half assed my a/c set up. I'm not putting that crap in my 5er. I've already thought it through and the proof is in the pudding. Brad and ingalmi have already proven the concept. $50,000 5er, ok I guess $51,000 5er after you fix the a/c correctly...... is meant to be enjoyed. On top of it you have to vent those to the outside which means either cutting a hole in the side or floor or venting it through a window, which may or may not be possible since they are designed to be vented through a residential window. Then on top of it you'd have to secure the rolling wrecking ball before moving anywhere. And if all that isn't enough, they come with an uninsulated drier vent plastic hose to vent the hot air out the window. So that is going to radiate heat back into the room. See, told you I'd thought it through already.
Old 10-19-2016, 08:29 PM   #59

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
FR already half assed my a/c set up. I'm not putting that crap in my 5er. I've already thought it through and the proof is in the pudding. Brad and ingalmi have already proven the concept. $50,000 5er, ok I guess $51,000 5er after you fix the a/c correctly...... is meant to be enjoyed. On top of it you have to vent those to the outside which means either cutting a hole in the side or floor or venting it through a window, which may or may not be possible since they are designed to be vented through a residential window. Then on top of it you'd have to secure the rolling wrecking ball before moving anywhere. And if all that isn't enough, they come with an uninsulated drier vent plastic hose to vent the hot air out the window. So that is going to radiate heat back into the room. See, told you I'd thought it through already.

I felt the same way.

You buy a portable ac or you can put the other half of it and you got a nice clean install. Its def worth it.

Look at the bigger motorhomes. They all have three ac units. Our fifth wheels have just as much square footage as the motorhomes.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:53 PM   #60

Something to remember, when it comes to cooling (and heating), it isn't about square feet... it is about cubic feet (of air). Some of them 5ers have a lot. We all know insulation is minimal at best, and the ductwork sucks. The air handlers can only move so much air. Brute force with multiple ac units is the best way in these things.

« Looking at a 389RD | - »