Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-19-2016, 11:40 PM   #101

I decided to go a different route and got ahold of someone at dometic. She was the nicest, and offered to ensure everything is taken care of to my satisfaction. She sent the TSB doc and said if I need a remote person to come out they would handle it. She also said not to worry about FR one year warranty since the dometic warranty is 2 years. We will see, but I'm encouraged. Only slight concern I have that I will ask her about is the fact that I have a ceiling fan not far from where that new return vent should go. I wonder how that effects the airflow... won't know until summer I guess.. in any case, the fact dometic called me back and was friendly says a lot about their level of service compared to that of FR.
Other Ride: 2006 Harley Ultra Classic
Jayfro04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:44 PM   #102

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
I've talked to Scott several times. I believe Jeff is his boss and they denied adding in the TSB extra return vents to my unit which clearly falls within the TSB serial range. I can certainly post both the TSB and a pic of my serial for those who feel they need proof. I want to talk to this "guy who wants to make things right" and is the "plant manager". I believe those are the direct quotes someone else has made along with "passing all of these posts on to management". With as low of a post count as they had when making those statements, I'm betting it's a corporate tool trying to quash bad feelings and do damage control for people looking for info on buying a new unit from them.

Yea scott will just call u back but its like talking to a wall that has no answers or offers no help other than take it to a dealer. He cant ship parts he just answers calls for Jeff his boss.
I tell everybody i see and know not to buy forest river anything.

In three years this one will be gone and on to something better.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2016, 11:49 PM   #103

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfro04 View Post
I decided to go a different route and got ahold of someone at dometic. She was the nicest, and offered to ensure everything is taken care of to my satisfaction. She sent the TSB doc and said if I need a remote person to come out they would handle it. She also said not to worry about FR one year warranty since the dometic warranty is 2 years. We will see, but I'm encouraged. Only slight concern I have that I will ask her about is the fact that I have a ceiling fan not far from where that new return vent should go. I wonder how that effects the airflow... won't know until summer I guess.. in any case, the fact dometic called me back and was friendly says a lot about their level of service compared to that of FR.
I'd be interested in talking to them if you can forward their info. Maybe Dometic will stand behind their product unlike FR.
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 21/18 = 11
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote