Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2016, 06:43 PM   #81

No word from FR yet jhauptst? What is the plant manager's phone number so we all can just call ourselves.
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 21/18 = 11
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 08:54 PM   #82

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhauptst View Post
So many posts I did not read them all, but here is my experience. Our 2017 381ROBK A/C was not good, we called Sandpiper and they advised us that the design for the 2017 units was bad from Dometic. They have a fix. We made an appointment up in Goshen and the production team removed the ceiling, rebuilt the entire system, replaced all the wiring, ducts, and the 15KW unit. Now it works very well. This is a known issue that FR and Sandpiper wants to fix. The plant manager was awesome and asked that I post on the forum that they do have a fix. They also fixed several other little things on our list while there. Huge kudos to FR and the entire Sandpiper team. We are very happy with their support and fix.
How long ago did you have yours fixed and do you know what exactly they changed. Did they do something different with the return vents or the duct work or did they move the location of your AC units.
inspectorgf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2016, 09:37 PM   #83

I did receive several emails from management on Monday. They were taking the posts to upper management and noted they would be contacting each person with issues that are noted on the thread. I would give them a few days as they determine next steps.
jhauptst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 12:17 AM   #84

Me thinks we aren't going to be receiving calls from any plant managers and we were all fed some "mushroom formula" diet! It has been a week with nothing from our middle man or the "plant manager" who is wanting to make everything right.
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 21/18 = 11
Old 12-06-2016, 08:27 AM   #85

I just sent your message to management.
jhauptst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:37 PM   #86

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
Me thinks we aren't going to be receiving calls from any plant managers and we were all fed some "mushroom formula" diet! It has been a week with nothing from our middle man or the "plant manager" who is wanting to make everything right.

Yea im not holding my breath. They should have to pay me for my fix. A new ac! Would be cheaper than them fixing it with removing the roof. Id call it equal.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 11:36 PM   #87

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
Yea im not holding my breath. They should have to pay me for my fix. A new ac! Would be cheaper than them fixing it with removing the roof. Id call it equal.
Me either!
Old 12-08-2016, 01:19 PM   #88

I have had mine at the dealer several times for ac issues with no luck. 365SAQB. 2016 MODEL. Similar issues.
BDavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 01:47 PM   #89

I have been waiting to see what happens with this thread. I have 4 months left in my warranty and would rather not take it to the dealer and get the run around. I have done all of the suggested tweaks on the threads and my camper can't stay below 90deg on a summer day. Should I just log the complaint with the factory direct and if so who should I be in contact with?
Other Ride: 2006 Harley Ultra Classic
Jayfro04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 02:38 AM   #90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfro04 View Post
I have been waiting to see what happens with this thread. I have 4 months left in my warranty and would rather not take it to the dealer and get the run around. I have done all of the suggested tweaks on the threads and my camper can't stay below 90deg on a summer day. Should I just log the complaint with the factory direct and if so who should I be in contact with?
Several of us are awaiting contact from the factory based on this thread. No one that I know of has heard anything other than from the person who is acting as a middle man. No names or phone numbers of any contacts were given other than people I personally have already dealt with and gotten a run around from. FR and Dometic are going to tell you that based on the temps your tech got that your a/c is operating correctly. It seems as though the dealers are in on the game and tell you that's the best that can be expected from your $50,000 fifth wheel. They will suggest adding the 3rd a/c which seems to work (I'm basing that on reports of others that have done it). I however wasn't planning on doing it until my warranty ran out. Warmer weather will be here before you know it so if the plant manager doesn't call and fix my a/c correctly, in or out of warranty because I've had it to 2 different dealers for the same exact issue, I'll be fixing it myself as others have and will NEVER spend another dime with FR. Being in my mid 40s I promise you this is not the last unit I will ever buy so they're missing out on a return customer. For their benefit, I've been driving Fords and Fords ONLY since I've been buying my own vehicles. Why? Because they are reliable, they fix a warranty issue correctly when 1 arrises and I'm loyal to a good company.
Old 12-11-2016, 07:22 PM   #91

Quote:
Several of us are awaiting contact from the factory based on this thread. No one that I know of has heard anything other than from the person who is acting as a middle man. No names or phone numbers of any contacts were given other than people I personally have already dealt with and gotten a run around from. FR and Dometic are going to tell you that based on the temps your tech got that your a/c is operating correctly. It seems as though the dealers are in on the game and tell you that's the best that can be expected from your $50,000 fifth wheel. They will suggest adding the 3rd a/c which seems to work (I'm basing that on reports of others that have done it). I however wasn't planning on doing it until my warranty ran out. Warmer weather will be here before you know it so if the plant manager doesn't call and fix my a/c correctly, in or out of warranty because I've had it to 2 different dealers for the same exact issue, I'll be fixing it myself as others have and will NEVER spend another dime with FR. Being in my mid 40s I promise you this is not the last unit I will ever buy so they're missing out on a return customer. For their benefit, I've been driving Fords and Fords ONLY since I've been buying my own vehicles. Why? Because they are reliable, they fix a warranty issue correctly when 1 arrises and I'm loyal to a good company.

Im with you.

Forest river can keep buying rv companys but i will never own another forest river product.
We debated on buying another one this time as well and we are regretting it already.

Now it wont cool and now it wont heat either.

Our furnace kicks off on high temp. 160 degree vent temps!
Old 12-11-2016, 09:21 PM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
Im with you.

Forest river can keep buying rv companys but i will never own another forest river product.
We debated on buying another one this time as well and we are regretting it already.

Now it wont cool and now it wont heat either.

Our furnace kicks off on high temp. 160 degree vent temps!
That's one thing ours does do well. I wake up sweating with it set at 63*. I've had to open windows. I wish ours cooled as well as it heated. I'd be happy with it. All of our other warranty issues have been addressed satisfactorily with the exception being the A/C. The A/C leaves A LOT to be desired and being from Chicago and living in Texas the A/C is certainly a deal breaker. ESPECIALLY when someone else pulls up next to us after we've been there most of the day and they get their unit cooled to 70* in less than an hour with ours being there sitting at 78* in 92* outside temps. It really pisses you off.
Old 12-11-2016, 09:56 PM   #93

Quote:
That's one thing ours does do well. I wake up sweating with it set at 63*. I've had to open windows. I wish ours cooled as well as it heated. I'd be happy with it. All of our other warranty issues have been addressed satisfactorily with the exception being the A/C. The A/C leaves A LOT to be desired and being from Chicago and living in Texas the A/C is certainly a deal breaker. ESPECIALLY when someone else pulls up next to us after we've been there most of the day and they get their unit cooled to 70* in less than an hour with ours being there sitting at 78* in 92* outside temps. It really pisses you off.

O ours heats. But it is cycleing the high limit switch and turning the burner off which it isnt suppose to do. The duct work is under sized just like the ac!
Listen closly to urs the next time it runs i wouldnt be suprised if it didnt do the same. I put a thermometer in the duct work and can watch the temp change from 160 back to 120 then u hear it light off and the process repeats.

Sucks. I cant believe these things are passing any test that are done. If any.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:00 PM   #94

It is a shame being a Berkshire Hathaway stockholder and knowing the company doesn't stand behind their products. I have a buddy shopping for a new class A. He was working with a dealer out of Iowa for a new one vs a 6 year old used coach from a quality manufacturer. After my stories, he passed on the new $200k unit out of fear they won't stand behind their product even while under warranty. It's too bad because I could have influenced his decision the other way had there been more positive reports of service after the sale here..

As to heat, I have the opposite issue. Have to close all vents going upstairs and open a window inn the bedroom when it was 15 degrees out to keep from sweating. I would be happy if that was half the "cold air" I could get to blow out of the A/C unit. And interestingly enough there is only one furnace while there are 2 A/Cs..
Old 12-12-2016, 11:09 PM   #95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfro04 View Post
It is a shame being a Berkshire Hathaway stockholder and knowing the company doesn't stand behind their products. I have a buddy shopping for a new class A. He was working with a dealer out of Iowa for a new one vs a 6 year old used coach from a quality manufacturer. After my stories, he passed on the new $200k unit out of fear they won't stand behind their product even while under warranty. It's too bad because I could have influenced his decision the other way had there been more positive reports of service after the sale here..

As to heat, I have the opposite issue. Have to close all vents going upstairs and open a window inn the bedroom when it was 15 degrees out to keep from sweating. I would be happy if that was half the "cold air" I could get to blow out of the A/C unit. And interestingly enough there is only one furnace while there are 2 A/Cs..

Now it will heat. Its just too hot. And cycles the burner. It will run you out. And also the vents will burn grill marks in your feet!

Yea the furnaces are rated at 40,000 btu. The ac is only rated at 13,500-15,000 each. So we have way more heat than ac. But we are heating from 15 degrees all the way to 73. And cooling from 100 to 73. Easier to cool than heat.
Old 12-13-2016, 09:58 PM   #96

Well I hate to keep beating a DEAD HORSE but!!!!!!....... I'm going to call BULL on this supposed "plant manager" bull that someone has been touting. Either post the guy's name and number or just go away. STILL no call from the supposed people that you've been passing info to. If they are SOOOOOOO interested in making things right we would have at least had a phone call, PM, email, smoke signal or telegram by now with at the very least "we aren't sure what we are going to do but rest assured we are going to fix your issue". I plan on NEVER buying another FR product. Ever. Period. Which is a total shame because I was really excited about this one. I am really happy with everything else EXCEPT the A/C and that's a TOTAL deal breaker when thinking about the future and replacing this one when the time comes. Rest assured this has left an extremely bitter taste in my mouth and it will not soon be forgotten.
Old 12-14-2016, 10:30 PM   #97

Quote:
Well I hate to keep beating a DEAD HORSE but!!!!!!....... I'm going to call BULL on this supposed "plant manager" bull that someone has been touting. Either post the guy's name and number or just go away. STILL no call from the supposed people that you've been passing info to. If they are SOOOOOOO interested in making things right we would have at least had a phone call, PM, email, smoke signal or telegram by now with at the very least "we aren't sure what we are going to do but rest assured we are going to fix your issue". I plan on NEVER buying another FR product. Ever. Period. Which is a total shame because I was really excited about this one. I am really happy with everything else EXCEPT the A/C and that's a TOTAL deal breaker when thinking about the future and replacing this one when the time comes. Rest assured this has left an extremely bitter taste in my mouth and it will not soon be forgotten.

How many times does everyone else look around wishing there was a like button for posts? (At least there isn't one on the forums app). I'm with you chop... I was reminded again today as my buddy just called back the FR Berkshire dealer to pass on that new $200k coach and instead went and picked up a used one for the same price with better build. Companies need to realize the lost business over time due to poor customer service.

On the flip side, I just reached out to Honda for an issue with my 1 year old car. Got a case number and 2 responses in the first day. They seems to genuinely want to resolve my issues, likely because they know if they don't the issues will go viral and cost them loyal customers.
Old 12-16-2016, 03:35 AM   #98

Forest river warranty guy
Scott 574-533-3193
Shop guy
Tony 574-535-2518
Not sure what this guy does
Jeff 574-534-4574
Hope this helps Scott and Tony always call me back if they don't answer
Smcgregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 03:38 AM   #99

Also they came and picked ours up 600 miles away
Smcgregor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2016, 07:19 AM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smcgregor View Post
Forest river warranty guy
Scott 574-533-3193
Shop guy
Tony 574-535-2518
Not sure what this guy does
Jeff 574-534-4574
Hope this helps Scott and Tony always call me back if they don't answer
I've talked to Scott several times. I believe Jeff is his boss and they denied adding in the TSB extra return vents to my unit which clearly falls within the TSB serial range. I can certainly post both the TSB and a pic of my serial for those who feel they need proof. I want to talk to this "guy who wants to make things right" and is the "plant manager". I believe those are the direct quotes someone else has made along with "passing all of these posts on to management". With as low of a post count as they had when making those statements, I'm betting it's a corporate tool trying to quash bad feelings and do damage control for people looking for info on buying a new unit from them.