Old 10-07-2016, 07:25 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikele View Post
I full-time, and almost every CG I've stayed at in the last 2 years with the exception of the one I'm currently in has charged for electric.
Sounds like you're staying at the wrong places.... I haven't ever had one charge electric in addition to the regular fee in 7 years of owning RVs.

Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 4
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2016, 10:27 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
We keep our home around 74,,, had our A/C replaced a couple of years ago,,, new unit is bigger than our old one,,, and it does a much better job of removing humidity,,, so 74 is pretty comfortable !!! I would have to wonder how many amps would 3 A/C units draw ??? And would a de-humidifier work as well as a 3rd A/C unit ???

3 ac units would be about 45 amps. On a 50amp rig, you have 100amps available. Not a big deal.

It's not just about humidity. Our bunkhouse has very little insulation due to slideout and outdoor kitchen. Add-in poor airflow (longest distance from main unit) and you have a warm room. Giving that room its own ac will really cool things down and give me total control. With that 3rd unit, I can turn down (up) the other two for a balance in temp.

Old 10-08-2016, 08:59 AM   #13

The one A/C we have in out 2500 Sunseeker,,, with 3 slide,,, works very well,,, I just can not imagine an RV with 3 A/C unites ???
Old 10-08-2016, 09:30 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolverine 1945 View Post
The one A/C we have in out 2500 Sunseeker,,, with 3 slide,,, works very well,,, I just can not imagine an RV with 3 A/C unites ???

Add another 10 feet to your rig, don't run the car a/c while traveling and let the camper get to 100+ degrees inside and you will understand.

My two ac units are skewed to the front. I have plenty of capacity, but the back doesn't get good airflow and stays warm/hot at times.

A 3rd ac is an easy way to have total control. Plus, I like to bring the temp down NOW, not wait 4 hours...
Old 10-08-2016, 09:41 AM   #15

I'm toying with adding a 3rd unit in the garage. So far I can run main and bedroom a/c's and be cool using a fan to get the cold air from the bedroom into the main room.

Most every camp spot we went to NO SHADE for the "big rigs"...
Old 10-08-2016, 09:42 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by 325BH View Post
Add another 10 feet to your rig, don't run the car a/c while traveling and let the camper get to 100+ degrees inside and you will understand.

My two ac units are skewed to the front. I have plenty of capacity, but the back doesn't get good airflow and stays warm/hot at times.

A 3rd ac is an easy way to have total control. Plus, I like to bring the temp down NOW, not wait 4 hours...
Unfortunately bringing the temp down NOW does not allow for humidity removal.
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You can't make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.
Filthy Beast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2016, 10:04 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filthy Beast View Post
Unfortunately bringing the temp down NOW does not allow for humidity removal.

Who cares. The humidity will eventually come down because I leave them running. In the mean time, I want the temp to drop.

I'm a weekend camper. When I unhitch, I want to get the party started, not wait for a perfect climate in 24 hours..