Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2017, 01:51 PM   #301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfro04 View Post
Getting hot outside and the inside temp has dropped from 77 to 72 within half hour. This is awesome!!

Awesome man! Enjoy the cool air!
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 02:18 PM   #302

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
Shade? Full sun? What's the exterior temp?

Getting jealous. I might have to order everything so it's there when I get back. Did you order all the parts Brad listed and from where?

Full sun, currently 89 with 95 heat index. 71 in zone 1 while I can get zone 2 and 3 as cold as I want. 65 in master bed right now.

All the same pets as Brad. I **** video of nearly entire install and will edit and post for anyone needing additional insight. I purchased via Amazon and will say I highly recommend Family Rv Center. They shipped the ac with additional packing via ups. Great service!
Other Ride: 2006 Harley Ultra Classic
Jayfro04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 06:54 PM   #303

Dip switch?
10bender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2017, 07:11 PM   #304

My thermostat only show 2 zones
Old 06-10-2017, 07:24 PM   #305

Quote:
Originally Posted by 10bender View Post
My thermostat only show 2 zones

Inside the unit that you connected power and the comm cable to there are little switches (before you put that metal panel on to cover the internals/wires). You need to switch the switch that is labeled zone 3. Then assuming everything is hooked up right, re initialize the thermostat.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:25 PM   #306

I obviously have something wrong it doesn't recognize it
Old 06-10-2017, 08:31 PM   #307

Quote:
I obviously have something wrong it doesn't recognize it

If it helps at all, I had issues too. First I checked to make sure I had power at the ac. Check. Then I was worried I had the comm cable plugged into the wrong port. So I tried both. Unfortunately now I can't remember which one I ended up connecting the rj11 to. But, then I shut off the breaker and found the instructions to initialize the thermostat. It saw zone 3 but never turned on. After a few swear words I remembered I shut off the breaker. Lots of frustration but in the end rewarded. I would say to make sure you have the rj11 wired straight through. The thermostat will see the third unit if that is wired and connected properly and if the dip switch is set to zone 3. Good luck.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #308

Yep. The RJ11 threw me for loops too. I used RJ9s originally, and while they would plug in, the contacts were in the wrong positions. RJ11 will not plug in until it is crimped. Make sure they are wired straight through...

For some reason I cannot post pictures right now (have had issues ever since the latest app update). Just google it.
Old 06-10-2017, 08:42 PM   #309

Also, check the master bedroom AC and see if it is set to zone 2.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:00 PM   #310

Here is the video I threw together.. no comments on my audio or video skills.... https://youtu.be/1Qhp5TJY7ow
Old 06-11-2017, 09:38 PM   #311

Success! Had a wire crossed in the cat5. Everything working now. Can't thank you guys enough. Headed the gulf shores Friday be a lot better trip this year
Old 06-11-2017, 09:39 PM   #312

Quote:
Success! Had a wire crossed in the cat5. Everything working now. Can't thank you guys enough. Headed the gulf shores Friday be a lot better trip this year

Awesome!!
Old 06-25-2017, 09:09 PM   #313

I have a 381 RBOK, and I'm in the process of installing the 3rd ac. I ran the network cable and power this weekend. Going to install everything this weekend (hopefully). I already have a 13.5k Brisk II. I'm ordering the rest of the parts tomorrow, but I'm slightly unclear on one part. I'm under the understanding that i need the control unit, temp sensor, and vent.

I am not planning on running the 3rd unit into the ducts. I want to install a dump vent, with a sensor on the wall next to the light switch.

My questions is: the control unit is the same whether i have a dump vent or a ducted vent setup, correct?

Thanks
jetsg4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #314

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsg4 View Post
I have a 381 RBOK, and I'm in the process of installing the 3rd ac. I ran the network cable and power this weekend. Going to install everything this weekend (hopefully). I already have a 13.5k Brisk II. I'm ordering the rest of the parts tomorrow, but I'm slightly unclear on one part. I'm under the understanding that i need the control unit, temp sensor, and vent.

I am not planning on running the 3rd unit into the ducts. I want to install a dump vent, with a sensor on the wall next to the light switch.

My questions is: the control unit is the same whether i have a dump vent or a ducted vent setup, correct?

Thanks

Yes you will still need the control unit. That is what talks to the thermostat. Also the sensor for the wall plugs into that same control unit in the ac unit.

You will need a non ducted lower unit kit for your ac. Not the same part number we have been using.

Im not sure what the part number is for it but they do offer it.
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2017, 11:18 PM   #315

Brad is correct. My only input would be to buy the ducted setup. It will give you the flexibility to either run it through the ducts when you want or "dump" straight out when you want.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:24 AM   #316

How far are the ducts from the board you cut at the roof opening? How do you bridge the gap from the board to the duct?

Judging by my vents, it appears there will be 8-12" of space between the board to the duct work.
Old 06-26-2017, 08:29 AM   #317

Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
Yes you will still need the control unit. That is what talks to the thermostat. Also the sensor for the wall plugs into that same control unit in the ac unit.

You will need a non ducted lower unit kit for your ac. Not the same part number we have been using.

Im not sure what the part number is for it but they do offer it.
I'm installing in a 381RBOK also, don't know if it's different than your install.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:02 AM   #318

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsg4 View Post
I'm installing in a 381RBOK also, don't know if it's different than your install.

I did this on the 381RBOK. Take a look at my video and you will see the duct is only an inch from the board you will cut. Use metal duct tape to bridge the gap. It was easy, but a bit tedious. I just used lots of small strips. You will see I just drilled a hole and used a jig saw to cut and that blade hit the duct on one side. On the other side I used a blade to cut the duct. It's made of thin foam board so easy to cut.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:07 AM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
Brad is correct. My only input would be to buy the ducted setup. It will give you the flexibility to either run it through the ducts when you want or "dump" straight out when you want.

I second this. I questioned it at first but am glad I am ducted. It really increased the airflow to the entire unit. I can actually feel air coming out the vents in the kitchen area now.
Old 06-26-2017, 10:25 AM   #320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfro04 View Post
I did this on the 381RBOK. Take a look at my video and you will see the duct is only an inch from the board you will cut. Use metal duct tape to bridge the gap. It was easy, but a bit tedious. I just used lots of small strips. You will see I just drilled a hole and used a jig saw to cut and that blade hit the duct on one side. On the other side I used a blade to cut the duct. It's made of thin foam board so easy to cut.

I watched your video several times. Made the wire run a lot better. If the duct is that close, I am going to run it into the ducts. Bridging that gap will be pretty easy.

Only problem I have left is running the remote temp sensor. I wanted it on the rear wall center of the trailer, but I have no idea how to get it there. I'm leaning towards installing it right above the bunk room light switch. I'm toying with the idea of trying to remove the bunk room closet/drawer area if it comes out as one unit like the small cabinet in the master bedroom. If it doesn't come out, I might gamble with putting the wire for the light switch into the roof with a string on it, then pulling the light switch wire and sensor wire back down with the string. If something goes wrong in either pull I risk losing my light switch.