Old 08-23-2016, 03:16 PM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
Interested to hear what they quoted you. Mine was kind of high I think and they said they were going to add a second shore line to do it instead of running back to the breaker box........
Got a rough quote of $1500-1600. Seemed high to me considering I can purchase the air unit, dump vent, and thermostat myself for $800.

Old 08-23-2016, 10:27 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsg4 View Post
Got a rough quote of $1500-1600. Seemed high to me considering I can purchase the air unit, dump vent, and thermostat myself for $800.
Sounds like the quote I got.

Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 13
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2016, 12:29 AM   #63

I bought my rig two months ago still fighting with the dealer! They keep telling me that the 15K is in spec but... It takes in 78 deg air and puts out 62 deg air. The 13.5K unit takes in 78deg air and spits out 50deg air! If the big unit was doing 50deg air it would be better. But when it hits about 104 here in Texas and it only gets to around 96-98 in the trailer. It makes me wish I hadn't traded my old jayco off!

2017 sandpiper 389 rds
F-250 SuperDuty
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 08-27-2016, 08:44 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmonkey View Post
I bought my rig two months ago still fighting with the dealer! They keep telling me that the 15K is in spec but... It takes in 78 deg air and puts out 62 deg air. The 13.5K unit takes in 78deg air and spits out 50deg air! If the big unit was doing 50deg air it would be better. But when it hits about 104 here in Texas and it only gets to around 96-98 in the trailer. It makes me wish I hadn't traded my old jayco off!

2017 sandpiper 389 rds
F-250 SuperDuty

I agree the brick air 2 ac are more efficent. But how do u explain that to dometic? There blizzard line is not working out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-27-2016, 05:59 PM   #65

From what the forest river crew that came to do my retrofit told me as soon as this dometic contract runs out they will be switching to a different more powerful AC.

2017 sandpiper 389 rds
F-250 SuperDuty
Old 08-28-2016, 12:05 AM   #66

Quote:

2017 sandpiper 389 rds
F-250 SuperDuty
Let me guess. FUN TOWN? Try pulling the main unit off the roof like others have said. On the intake side mine had gaping holes in the tape so it was pulling in attic air not pre cooled cabin air. I also had a heat barrier tint placed on my windows. I haven't had a chance to test it out to see if it has in fact improved just yet. I'm also taking mine in for the recall on Sept. 8th. I only have 2 return vents instead of the 3 or 4 that the retrofit is getting.
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 13
Old 08-28-2016, 07:31 AM   #67

Yeah craptown! When I did the walk thru the thermostat had error e1 and they where supposed to fix it. But when it was delivered still broken I lost my mind! I'm a full timer so this is my home. FR came and did my recall and they taped the inside again. Talking to those guys is where I found out FR knows the a/c is underpowered and is switching to a more powerful one soon! But there is another bulletin after the intake vents , will need to add drain holes to prevent it from draining inside the trailer! Also some sort of cap for the coils that is supposed to help in some way. I told them we can play they're games but they will be replacing the 15k unit. I tested it and intake air was 78 deg and at the first vent it was only 62deg. When the bedroom unit was putting out 50 deg. The blog has been very informative and I'm looking into adding a third a/c.

2017 sandpiper 389 rds
F-250 SuperDuty
Old 08-28-2016, 08:54 AM   #68

Quote:
Yeah craptown! When I did the walk thru the thermostat had error e1 and they where supposed to fix it. But when it was delivered still broken I lost my mind! I'm a full timer so this is my home. FR came and did my recall and they taped the inside again. Talking to those guys is where I found out FR knows the a/c is underpowered and is switching to a more powerful one soon! But there is another bulletin after the intake vents , will need to add drain holes to prevent it from draining inside the trailer! Also some sort of cap for the coils that is supposed to help in some way. I told them we can play they're games but they will be replacing the 15k unit. I tested it and intake air was 78 deg and at the first vent it was only 62deg. When the bedroom unit was putting out 50 deg. The blog has been very informative and I'm looking into adding a third a/c.

2017 sandpiper 389 rds
F-250 SuperDuty

I wish they would replace the 15k on there now. The two brisk air units will cool the unit better than one and the blizzard does.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-28-2016, 09:03 AM   #69

Quote:

2017 sandpiper 389 rds
F-250 SuperDuty
We live 10 minutes from them and I drove to Ohio to purchase our Sandpiper if that tells you anything about what I think of Funtown!!!!!

Who is servicing your unit? Are you in the DFW area? I have taken ours to United RV (not impressed but better than Funtown) and now we are going to try ExploreUSA. Our warranty is up in November, hopefully we'll have every issue sorted out by then but my hopes for that are not high. I wish I'd have purchased the second year add on. You only have 10 days to do it.
Old 08-29-2016, 12:37 PM   #70

I live closer to Austin, nofun town is doing the work. I keep complaining to FR and they crawl up their backsides and stuff gets done! But they wanna do all the recall work before they talk about replacing the main unit.

2017 sandpiper 389 rds
F-250 SuperDuty