Old 08-29-2016, 05:09 PM   #71

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilmonkey View Post
I live closer to Austin, nofun town is doing the work. I keep complaining to FR and they crawl up their backsides and stuff gets done! But they wanna do all the recall work before they talk about replacing the main unit.

2017 sandpiper 389 rds
F-250 SuperDuty
Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
I had another shop here locally tell me that FR bailed out Funtown at some point and they now own part of it or the land where the Cleburne dealership sits. Something along those lines. I didn't look in to it for validity though.

Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 4
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 08:46 AM   #72

3rd A/C

Brad, I've read (I think) all of your posts on adding the 3rd AC. Great Job! Mine starts soon, the 35 ROK (and most other Pipers) have such a large main area to cool that it's inconceivable to me that FR would produce rigs with only 2 units. Maybe it's economics but it would sure be cheaper to do during manufacturing by the OEM.
Anyway just wanted to let you know, Great Job!

Old 09-27-2016, 02:14 PM   #73

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingalmi View Post
Brad, I've read (I think) all of your posts on adding the 3rd AC. Great Job! Mine starts soon, the 35 ROK (and most other Pipers) have such a large main area to cool that it's inconceivable to me that FR would produce rigs with only 2 units. Maybe it's economics but it would sure be cheaper to do during manufacturing by the OEM.
Anyway just wanted to let you know, Great Job!

Hey thanks!! If something comes up just ask maybe i can help you out if you need it.

Yea two ac should be standard. And the 3rd as optional no doubt!

Good luck with your install. It goes pretty easy except pulling the wire in. Be prepared to take vents out and lights to get the fish tape thru there easier.
Old 09-27-2016, 03:01 PM   #74

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1707.jpg
Views:	46
Size:	343.2 KB
ID:	121444Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1710.jpg
Views:	43
Size:	200.9 KB
ID:	121445
Some people asked about my vent cut out. Heres what did to both my bedroom and this new ac unit when i installed it. I taped down and piped into the duct work.
Old 09-27-2016, 09:56 PM   #75

I had electric ran to the RV garage (finally) about 2 weeks ago. Now I am wrapped up in the football team I coach. Once that dies down I will have the time (and lighting) to get mine done. Have all the items in the Amazon Cart, but may still use your parts source once it gets down to go time.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Old 09-27-2016, 10:44 PM   #76

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
I had electric ran to the RV garage (finally) about 2 weeks ago. Now I am wrapped up in the football team I coach. Once that dies down I will have the time (and lighting) to get mine done. Have all the items in the Amazon Cart, but may still use your parts source once it gets down to go time.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Yea i would def try and pick the ac up in person. I think that ups will destroy it. Its in a box but that is all. There is no packaging around it so any drop will bust the shell on it. But if its prime and your not scared of going thru two or three go for it.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:21 AM   #77

Brad, thought you might want to see this. Thanks Again
Having read several threads on this subject and specifically the one that Brad published inspired me to go for it. 95 degree days in the South and not being able to get the inside temp below 82 degrees after considerable work to seal ducts, installing sun blocking blinds, pillows in vents and minimizing door opening I decided it was time. The total job took about 2 days and $800.00, one day for wiring prep and one day to install equipment. Having the CCC 2 thermostat and 2 zones factory installed made the job easier. Zone 3 which I installed by removing the rear vent and installing the Dometic Brisk Air 2 15.0 with a non-ducted T-stat controlled air distribution box. I did a hybrid install by tying in the non-ducted air distribution box to the factory installed ceiling ductwork (not difficult) and the overall effect gave me more air without running additional ducts which would have been difficult. Available electric power is a non-issue, all 3 units running and the fans on hi and I wasn't close to maxing out. Indoor 68 degree temps are now achievable. Hardest part may have been running the telephone cable for thermostat com (4 wire flat cable) from zone 3 at the rear to zone 2 in the front bedroom (about 35 ft), make sure you follow wiring diagram for installing the connectors on the ends.
Old 10-04-2016, 08:50 AM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ingalmi View Post
Brad, thought you might want to see this. Thanks Again
Having read several threads on this subject and specifically the one that Brad published inspired me to go for it. 95 degree days in the South and not being able to get the inside temp below 82 degrees after considerable work to seal ducts, installing sun blocking blinds, pillows in vents and minimizing door opening I decided it was time. The total job took about 2 days and $800.00, one day for wiring prep and one day to install equipment. Having the CCC 2 thermostat and 2 zones factory installed made the job easier. Zone 3 which I installed by removing the rear vent and installing the Dometic Brisk Air 2 15.0 with a non-ducted T-stat controlled air distribution box. I did a hybrid install by tying in the non-ducted air distribution box to the factory installed ceiling ductwork (not difficult) and the overall effect gave me more air without running additional ducts which would have been difficult. Available electric power is a non-issue, all 3 units running and the fans on hi and I wasn't close to maxing out. Indoor 68 degree temps are now achievable. Hardest part may have been running the telephone cable for thermostat com (4 wire flat cable) from zone 3 at the rear to zone 2 in the front bedroom (about 35 ft), make sure you follow wiring diagram for installing the connectors on the ends.

Awesome!! Glad everything went well for you! Enjoy it.

The thermostat makes it easy.
Old 01-04-2017, 10:26 PM   #79

Brad

Can you confirm that this is the "remote sensor" that you used? I was expecting it to look less like a thermostat. I'm guessing that (if this is in fact it) that you just fished to wiring from the ceiling assembly to a hole in the wall and mounted the sensor?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1483586641.485050.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	120.2 KB
ID:	127553

Also, on the duct work. The ducts run down the sides of the vent "hole"... correct? So that means that the brisk air II would blow air out of each side (toward the curb and road side of the camper)... correct?

I'm going to finally get around to doing this job this month so will have more questions.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Old 01-04-2017, 10:39 PM   #80

Quote:
Originally Posted by head gamez View Post
Brad

Can you confirm that this is the "remote sensor" that you used? I was expecting it to look less like a thermostat. I'm guessing that (if this is in fact it) that you just fished to wiring from the ceiling assembly to a hole in the wall and mounted the sensor?

Attachment 127553

Also, on the duct work. The ducts run down the sides of the vent "hole"... correct? So that means that the brisk air II would blow air out of each side (toward the curb and road side of the camper)... correct?

I'm going to finally get around to doing this job this month so will have more questions.

2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Thats not it. Thats a complete thermostat for idk?

Your correct its a thermostat bulb with a round cover with holes in it.
You probly have one in ur wall in ur bedroom. But you will need another one.
I had trouble finding that and finally bought it all from campers paradise in charlotte.

Correct the 2x4 wood will have to be cut out and the ducts are right behind them. I have photos of all that. If youd like you can pm me and ill text them to you or email.

Sure ask away. Ill dig around and find the part number for it.