Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-16-2016, 06:56 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 219
Added 3rd A/C to 389rd

I figured instead of hijacking a thread id start my own.

Here it goes.

We bought a 2017 sandpiper 389rd with the new whisper cool 15k and a brisk air 2 13,500. After adding two more vents in the kitchen and taping all the ducts and getting the air in the ducts we had figured out in 90 degree and up heat that two ac wont cool below 76-78 degrees.

So im adding a new brisk air 2 15k to the rear vent. Ive also ordered 6 more factory style vents but im not going to add them yet until i get the ac running and see how much pressure each vent has. The camper is under vented according to dometic. They are wanting 8 vents per ac unit at 14 sq inches per vent. There are only 9 for 2 units.

So far ive ran my romex and two pair of cat 5 cables to the rear. I will update this page with pictures and photos of everything.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	301
Size:	245.9 KB
ID:	117475  
__________________

__________________
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 07:06 PM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Posts: 63
Please keep updated, as I want to add a 3rd A/C my toyhauler. Thanks
__________________

__________________
2015 Ram Mega 3500 DRW, 2016 Vengeance 377V
boatman22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 08:20 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
head gamez's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Location: W-S NC
Posts: 282
I'm in.... And looking forward to the progress.

Thanks.


2016 Sandpiper 376BHOK
2500HD Chevrolet

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________
head gamez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:16 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
chop249's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Burleson, Tx.
Posts: 335
I think it is a shame that we spend upwards of $50,000 on a coach and have to resort to adding A/Cs to cool it appropriately. Unfortunately I too am following to see how this goes as my 16 381RBOK won't get below 78* with ambient temps outside of 91*.
__________________
Bob
2011 Ford F350 Lariat
2016 Sandpiper 381RBOK with an extremely CRAPPY A/C!!!
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 13
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2016, 11:18 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
chop249's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Burleson, Tx.
Posts: 335
If you wouldn't mind adding a post about what you did prior to this and dropping a link here so we could see what you did and what the outcome of those repairs was it would be nice too.
__________________
Bob
2011 Ford F350 Lariat
2016 Sandpiper 381RBOK with an extremely CRAPPY A/C!!!
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 13
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 05:23 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
I think it is a shame that we spend upwards of $50,000 on a coach and have to resort to adding A/Cs to cool it appropriately. Unfortunately I too am following to see how this goes as my 16 381RBOK won't get below 78* with ambient temps outside of 91*.


It is a shame. The quality is terriable. If they would spend just a little bit more time to do little stuff it would make them alot better.

Im suprised with all the problems that people are haveing there hasnt been any lawsuits of all of the quality issues with frame cracks and major stuff.
But us Rvers still buy them. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:24 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
chop249's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2015
Location: Burleson, Tx.
Posts: 335
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad2388 View Post
It is a shame. The quality is terriable. If they would spend just a little bit more time to do little stuff it would make them alot better.

Im suprised with all the problems that people are haveing there hasnt been any lawsuits of all of the quality issues with frame cracks and major stuff.
But us Rvers still buy them. Lol


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Did a dealer add the extra vents? I talked to FR today and there is a bulletin from Dometic addressing our issues. I explained exactly what problem I was having and he said this would do it. They have to add the vents, change a board or something and change some wiring.... He said it was about an hour and a half worth of labor for them. Now to get it done in less than 2 months. Every time this dealer has had mine it has been 2 months before I see it again. (Not the dealer I bought from, they are 1000 miles NE of us.)
__________________
Bob
2011 Ford F350 Lariat
2016 Sandpiper 381RBOK with an extremely CRAPPY A/C!!!
Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 13
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:29 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by chop249 View Post
Did a dealer add the extra vents? I talked to FR today and there is a bulletin from Dometic addressing our issues. I explained exactly what problem I was having and he said this would do it. They have to add the vents, change a board or something and change some wiring.... He said it was about an hour and a half worth of labor for them. Now to get it done in less than 2 months. Every time this dealer has had mine it has been 2 months before I see it again. (Not the dealer I bought from, they are 1000 miles NE of us.)


The return vents was there already when i picked up my camper at holmans. Not sure if holmans added them or if forest river did. I couldnt get a straight answer. I added teo more supply vents in the kitchen as well to get some of the front ac down to the living area. No help.
It would be interesting to see what board they are replacing? The wiring i believe is the communication connectors between the thermostat and the roof airs. I think it goves a e1 code because water gets in the connector and corrodes the connections.




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________
brad2388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:38 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Posts: 288
How are you going to power the 3rd A/C? Each A/C can pull 15 - 17 amps, x 3 = 45 - 51 amps. At best, you've only got 50 amps in your RV.
__________________
tomrob1161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2016, 10:42 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1,001
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomrob1161 View Post
How are you going to power the 3rd A/C? Each A/C can pull 15 - 17 amps, x 3 = 45 - 51 amps. At best, you've only got 50 amps in your RV.


50 amp service gives you 100 amps at 120 volt.

I would like to add a 3rd ac to my TT, however there is no hole for it. I'm not sure about cutting a hole in my roof. Would like to watch more about this.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
__________________

__________________
325BH is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.

Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:55 AM.