Old 03-30-2015, 05:54 PM   #1

Alert for 355RE owners

If the right-side cabinet door (drivers side) on the bar/cabinet separating the kitchen from the RE comes open during travel, it will catch on the kitchen slide-out when you try to extend it. This will in turn rip the door off it hinges and cause the kitchen slide to come out of adjustment. At least it will if you are a newbie and not finely tuned to the sound of a slide under stress! Strap these doors shut.

Old 04-18-2015, 02:35 PM   #2

Probably should mention that this door is not visible when slides are in so there is no way of knowing door is ajar until too late.

Old 07-12-2015, 01:46 PM   #3

Thanks rainsmik. We found that if u close that cabinet u spoke about correctly making sure THE BOTTOM IS ALSO LATCHED you will avoid this condition.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:43 PM   #4

Oh man we had this happen the the cabinets over the TV. One came open during travel and it ripped off a piece of the slide framework.
Just part of the price of 5 slides!!!
Old 10-03-2015, 12:54 PM   #5

I'n into ordering my 1st RV and chose the 355RE. I love the large bathroom and all the windows in living room provide so much light. Expensive, buying a 2016 GMC 3500HD Denali dully with duramax to pull it. Exhaust brank and ITB. Should be complete. Any suggestions? Not sure if I need the 2 RWD or the dually. I figure with the dually it will give more stability.
Old 10-05-2015, 09:22 AM   #6

With me ordering this 355RE my only concern is the limited basement storge, Has anyone with the 355RE found this is a problem?
Old 10-07-2015, 04:07 PM   #7
Bobhaus AF Retired

I use child locks to all my cabinet doors shut

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 10-08-2015, 07:29 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
I'n into ordering my 1st RV and chose the 355RE. I love the large bathroom and all the windows in living room provide so much light. Expensive, buying a 2016 GMC 3500HD Denali dully with duramax to pull it. Exhaust brank and ITB. Should be complete. Any suggestions? Not sure if I need the 2 RWD or the dually. I figure with the dually it will give more stability.
My Husband pulls ours with a 2RWD - it he has not had any problems. BUT I have a F350 dually (for my horse trailers) and I think the dually makes it SOOO much easier!!! It is way more stable and the truck doesn't look like it's squatting.
I would suggest the dually - unless you have to drive the truck a lot in the city -- that might get tiresome.