Old 07-22-2013, 08:31 AM   #1

All slides on one switch

I had such a great response on my first post I am making another. All four slides on my Sandpiper 376BHOK are on one button. Their are several occasion when I only want to slide out the living room slide and leave the other three retracted. Anyone have a recommended solution? Hook a chain to the frame to keep it in? Valves on the hydronic lines? Couple of big dudes to hold them on?

Old 07-22-2013, 09:05 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simpso13 View Post
I had such a great response on my first post I am making another. All four slides on my Sandpiper 376BHOK are on one button. Their are several occasion when I only want to slide out the living room slide and leave the other three retracted. Anyone have a recommended solution? Hook a chain to the frame to keep it in? Valves on the hydronic lines? Couple of big dudes to hold them on?
I don't have an answer for you, but I've never heard of such a thing. What if you were in a position where you CAN'T have all the slides out at once...say one would hit a tree if you opened it?

Are there blank spaces in the switch panel where you could put in additional switches and have one switch wired for each slide? I'm guessing each slide has its own motor?

2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:14 AM   #3

No extra slots for extra switches available. I am truly puzzled on this one. It is convenient to have one switch, but I would rather have individual ones.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:20 AM   #4
Mod free 5er

Quote:
No extra slots for extra switches available. I am truly puzzled on this one. It is convenient to have one switch, but I would rather have individual ones.
Are the slide mechanisms themselves hyd or elec. motor driven?
Old 07-22-2013, 10:21 AM   #5

Our Blue Ridge has only one switch inside for all slides, however in the compartment with the hydraulic pump there are shut offs for each individual slide. That way you can operate only the ones you want.
2015 Ford F250 4X4, 6.7 PSD
Pullrite Slider Hitch
jonandjolene is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 AM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
The times that I've heard about this - the slides were hydraulic. I think there was talk about adding switches to control which slides. Still can't do anything about the order of the slides short of controlling which ones you flip, but it would let you choose an individual slide to control.

Unfortunately, that's literally the extent of what I know about it...
Old 07-22-2013, 10:29 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post

Are the slide mechanisms themselves hyd or elec. motor driven?
All Hydrolic
Old 07-22-2013, 11:01 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonandjolene View Post
Our Blue Ridge has only one switch inside for all slides, however in the compartment with the hydraulic pump there are shut offs for each individual slide. That way you can operate only the ones you want.
x2
Old 07-22-2013, 02:11 PM   #9

New member here and new Sandpiper owner. We just picked up our new (used) 2010 345RET last week down in Tampa. My wife is not a technical person at all, but one of her first comments was that it was weird that all the slides operate on one switch and what if you only want to put out one slide. In any case, I'm gonna look at my hydro's later today and see if mine has the valves. That would solve the problem if push comes to shove. I'm guessing that a one switch design saved Forest River some $ on costs, so that's how they built it. We came from a 30' Flagstaff (that we loved) and feel like we have died and gone to Heaven in the 38 footer.
Old 07-22-2013, 02:18 PM   #10
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Most likely, all the slides are tee'd off of one set of lines going to the back, as is my Sierra. My master bedroom slide always moves first, then it's a toss up as to which order the remaining 3 will go out or retract.