Old 02-24-2016, 02:08 PM   #21

Any more word on why this happens? I checked mine and it does not have any fastening in the rear, but is attached at the front. I pulled on it and I can lift and make it tilt but not sure it would tip out. But when the slide comes in it does make tilt forward and is also a lil wobbly. I will do some digging and see if I can up with a fix once we get setup in FL next week. Hope it stays put till then. I95 in SC is rough.

Old 02-24-2016, 02:36 PM   #22
World Wide Wanderer

Is that a residential fridge versus an RV two way? I have never had an RV fridge that was easy to get out. In fact I had one in an Airstream that we had to take a sawzall and wrecking bar to get it out.

Yes the fridge should be secured, some are secured better than others. If they strip the screws on the hold downs all bets are off. From my experience they use torque drivers with only one setting on them...STRIP. A few weekends ago I was helping a friend drill and replace nearly 100 screws on the bottom trim of his slideouts because nearly every one was stripped. Some we could drill and used oversized screws other the heads were sheared off, so we moved over drilled a new hole and caulked the old one. This was on a $100K toy hauler. There is little to no quality control in the RV industry and until people refuse to buy there probably won't be.

Aaron

Old 02-24-2016, 02:53 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post
Is that a residential fridge versus an RV two way? I have never had an RV fridge that was easy to get out. In fact I had one in an Airstream that we had to take a sawzall and wrecking bar to get it out.

Yes the fridge should be secured, some are secured better than others. If they strip the screws on the hold downs all bets are off. From my experience they use torque drivers with only one setting on them...STRIP. A few weekends ago I was helping a friend drill and replace nearly 100 screws on the bottom trim of his slideouts because nearly every one was stripped. Some we could drill and used oversized screws other the heads were sheared off, so we moved over drilled a new hole and caulked the old one. This was on a $100K toy hauler. There is little to no quality control in the RV industry and until people refuse to buy there probably won't be.

Aaron
That goes for the servicing/repair side of it too!
Old 02-24-2016, 10:02 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikele View Post
Any more word on why this happens? I checked mine and it does not have any fastening in the rear, but is attached at the front. I pulled on it and I can lift and make it tilt but not sure it would tip out. But when the slide comes in it does make tilt forward and is also a lil wobbly. I will do some digging and see if I can up with a fix once we get setup in FL next week. Hope it stays put till then. I95 in SC is rough.
No idea. Someone said that it was common to search the forum. Mine was wobbly and I thought, NAH, no way it'll dump over........... My dealer said they checked the ones they had on the lot and it concerned them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wahoonc View Post

Aaron
Residential. I posted some pics in the beginning of the thread.

A local dealer, not the dealer I bought it from, has it now and is about a week out before they look at it. They said they hadn't seen it happen either.

Nights Camped: 2010 = 14/11 = 27/12 = 13/13 = 10/14 = 30/15 = 47/16 = 30/17 = 21
chop249 is offline   Reply With Quote