Old 08-14-2007, 07:42 AM   #11
Brand new to this site and the world of camping... I'm looking into purchasing a Sandpiper 321BHT or a Sierra 321BHT. I love the quad bunk double slide! But I'm looking for input on whether or not there are any differences between the Sandpiper 321BHT and Sierra 321BHT? And in general are these decent travel trailers?

Thanks for your advice in advance,

bschaar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 11:48 AM   #12
We just took delivery of a 2005 F37SP! So far it is great, it was gently used and seems to be just what we needed! We got 4 wheelers in and all our gear with no problems! I can't seem to get the subwoofer to work and wondered about the Fresh Water tanks - looks like they put an aftermarket one in the storage area - is there a 100 gal underneath? or just a 40 + 60 ?? Is that common? Also way worried about the rims and tires issues that I have read about - are we going to die on the freeway with a blowout?

Lovell's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 01:00 PM   #13

to FRF!!

I have no idea on the fresh tank size or the speaker.

What tires are you running? I don't think you're gonna die with a blowout but a blowout is always possible. You just need to be vigilant and keep your pressure correct and while you are driving keep an eye on them.

aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2007, 02:05 PM   #14
Thanks gotnun!! It has been nice reading through the posts - looks like it is growing too!

The tires are the Hiway ones with alum rims that everyone is talking about.

Oh and LOVE TX!!! used to live in Dallas!
Old 08-21-2007, 02:25 PM   #15
I carry 2 spares with me for my 5'er. I had one trip with multiple blowouts. Lesson learned.

Welcome again and enjoy the forum. Start a thread in the welcome mat and tell us about yourself.

aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2007, 11:26 PM   #16
Just picked up 07 Sandpiper 315BHT

sandpiper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2007, 01:11 PM   #17
Our 2005 F37 is wonderful!! It has been so fun. I had major cracks around the rims and was worried they might burst. Called the manufactuer of the tire "Greenball" they told me where to take it and they replaced all 5 tires!!
'05 RAM 3500
'05 Sandpiper
'and as many toys and I can get in the F37!
Old 10-13-2007, 01:18 PM   #18
New Sandpiper 5ver

Hello all,

my wife and I just took delivery of an 07' 355RLT on 10/9/07

This is our 4th [camper]. Started with a big popup, then a 29ft Terry, lastly a 33ft Terry. "We" consider this a move up, - you know, perception

I have pulled it once, 90 miles from the dealer to my home. Pulls better, but I guess backing is an aquired flavor. It may just be me, or the fact that is was dark, or both. Didn't seem to react as quickly as the bumper pulls did.
It was quite humbling, given I could put that 33ft'r in a matchbox if I wanted to

Tow vehicle: 97 F250 HD Ext Cab Long Bed 460 cid, and handles it very well.
rr-kr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 09:57 AM   #19
We are new to the forum and to the TT world. Previously we have always owned Truck Campers. We found a 1997 Sandpiper T25FLS trailer that had only been used 7 times, or so we were told. Everything looks new - carpet, linoleum, cabinets, etc. so I do know it was lightly used.

We took it on our maiden voyage to Leavenworth, WA in the Cascade Mtn's and had a great time. The only issue I had is the cable connection - I had a snowy picture (and I made sure the antenna booster was in the off position per instructions). I disconnected from the outside of the TT and hooked it direct to the TV and it then worked great. So I know I have a problem in the TT cable wiring. I'll pull the covers to make sure all the connections are tight. If that doesn't work then it's probably in the booster switch.

Other than that everything worked perfectly and it towed very nice. Even in 40-45mph cross winds I had no sway issues so the Equal-i-zer I bought must be doing it's job.

We look forward to many happy trips (just reserved a week on the OR coast for next summer & CAN'T WAIT!!)
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD - Duramax/Allison
1997 Sandpiper 25FLS
1989 Honda Goldwing GL1500
Tekonsha P3
Riverdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 10:12 AM   #20
The Jolly Mon
Send a message via Yahoo to NDJollyMon
Welcome (again) Riverdog. Enjoy that new trailer!

Pete (Jolly Mon)

2014 Jayco Whitehawk 24 RBS
2004 Nissan Titan LE, 4x4
Equal-i-zer hitch
NDJollyMon is offline   Reply With Quote