Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-10-2010, 03:47 PM   #1

Any one ever had Forest River help after warranty has expired?

I purchased a used 2006 Sandpiper in 2009 from a reputable consignment lot. It's condition was rated exellent+ the interior was in showroom condition and I paid for an extensive check out by the dealer. Shortly after getting it home I notice trim loose on rear of the trailer after further investigation sure enough I had some rotting wood.
During this periond I was diagnosed with cancer and test and treatment consumed the rest of the year. I had a hard time reaching forest river service department and actually made an online inquiry about merchandise and a gentelman emailed me.
He requested details, VIN pictures and where I was located... I have my fingers crossed.. If Forest River does come through and assist me my next camper I purchase when I retire will definately be a brand spanking new Forest River..
Chuck K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #2

Sorry to hear about your illness and hope you are doing better. I also hope Forest River will help you as well.
Welcome to the forum.

tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 07:51 PM   #3
AKA Bluebird

Send a message via Yahoo to dimurrrw
Welcome to the forum. Look, it is hard enough to get them to help you while the vehicle is still under warranty. Sadly, I rather doubt that they will do anything about a 2006 model that was purchased used. Best of luck!

dimurrrw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #4

Welcome to the forums.

I don't believe the warranty is transferable. Since you are the 2nd owner I find it very unlikely they will help you out.

That said and to answer your question further. Yes FR did pay to have a spacer puck on our drivers side rear spring pack removed after the warranty period had run out and they have done so for several others here on this forum. However I feel that they must have perceived the existance of the shim to be a safty problem or they probably wouldn't bother with it.

Good luck.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 02:37 AM   #5

Forrst River was very helpful to us with our 2003 model. They supplied free of charge a set of bunk end seal kits, but this was an issue that they had admited to as their bad design. So my guess is that if the issue that you have with your camper is one that has to do with leakage such as ours, they may supply free parts . . . labour is a whole other issue.

Lady Wendolyn

2003 21 ft Forrest River Shamrock

Manitoba Canada
ladywendolyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2010, 07:52 AM   #6

Our Cardinal developed a hydraulic leak on one of the slideout cylinders after the warranty. Lippert only has a one year warranty on them, and it was expried as well. FR picked up the tab for the cylinder and replacement labor costs.

Joe

2008 Cardinal 32TS
2008 F350 Lariat PSD C/C 4X4 Dually
Joe Falco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 07:55 AM   #7
2010 Sierra 355QBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck K. View Post
and I paid for an extensive check out by the dealer.
I would be making some loud noise at this dealer!! I had a similar experience and told the manager that I was a member of a lot of forums, and it was his choice if I posted a good report or a glaring report. He saw things my way after that.

TV - 2011 F-350 Dually Lariat 4X4
5er - 2010 FR Sierra 355QBQ
MDarrough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 03:12 PM   #8
Knower of Some Things

I think even if you were the original owner you'd be hosed. The coach is 5 years old. As per the one year factory warranty agreement with Forest River, seals are customer responsibility after 90 days (but most of the time, they're pretty good about warranting water damage within or even just slightly out of the one year period). Also, the warranty is non-transferrable.

I'd only hold the dealership that checked it over responsible if they gave it a clean bill of health BEFORE you purchased it. THEY didn't cause any of that damage. They definitely overlooked it, depending on what kind of check over they did, though. Did they just check appliances/systems/chassis, or a full interior/exterior check over? If they did the full check over, but after you purchased it, THEN demand money back from them.
PumaPro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 06:10 PM   #9

I'm the second owner and the coach is 3+ years old and they covered the cost of removing a spacer from my suspension. Safety issue or not, it was easy. One e-mail, a phone call and a trip to my dealer that worked it all out with FR.

Just cost me some gas to drive the rig over to the dealer.
TulsaSteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2010, 10:02 PM   #10

Smile Forest River Helped Me

I purchased a 2008 23FBS new in 2009. Didn't use it hardly at all. I took it to Fla from CT, in Feb 2010. I never opened the front window cover. On my way back home to Ct the front window cover flew open,(latch screws fell out) damaging the front window and cover. I contacted my dealer to see if it was warranted. I was told that Forest River would not cover it. I contacted Forest River Warranty Dept. I explained what had happen and, I had not opened the front cover since I purchased it. I can't as I am handicap, and camp alone. They covered it. I found out in this incident there was a communication problem between the dealer and Forest River. If they had explained it the way it happen I would have never had to make the call myself per Forest River.
buccello is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2010, 11:05 AM   #11

First off thanks for the warm welcome... To my suprise F.R. has agreed to pick up the parts and material costs. I am well aware that the labor is going to be the biggest issue but considering everything their offer beats nothing. I am taking to a local F.R. dealer Friday to get a rough estimate on the labor.
Thanks for the replys.
Chuck.
Chuck K. is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sandpiper