Old 10-02-2013, 12:54 PM   #1

bubbles in tires

We have a 2013 sandpiper 346RET in april. Two left side tires have bubbles. Anyone else have this problem?

Old 10-02-2013, 01:12 PM   #2

Some of the foriegn made tires are less than par. I had problems with all the tires that came on my fiver. Changed to a LT with proper load rating and keep properly inflated. I run close to max pressure as stated on the sidewall. I would replace thjose tires before your next trip.

1SG(Ret) (1987) US Army Aviation

Days/Nights Camped 2016: 34
dogwood36322 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 01:16 PM   #3
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by slsellars View Post
We have a 2013 sandpiper 346RET in april. Two left side tires have bubbles. Anyone else have this problem?
These "bubbles", are they in the sidewall or tread area?

Anyway you can post a pic(s)?

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #4

WMTire can prolly talk a lot matter about this but I believe sidewall bubbles are often associated with a tire getting pinched or sheared against a curb.

Both on the same side sort of supports that idea. Maybe the delivery guy had an incident.

Definitely replace - I would expect a failure and with it being on two tires Murphy will be looking for you.
2013 - 15
Arefbee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:56 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arefbee View Post
WMTire can prolly talk a lot matter about this but I believe sidewall bubbles are often associated with a tire getting pinched or sheared against a curb.

Both on the same side sort of supports that idea. Maybe the delivery guy had an incident.

Definitely replace - I would expect a failure and with it being on two tires Murphy will be looking for you.
The reason I ask, is we get a lot of customers who confuse sidewall 'bubbles" with what is called undulation (which is a manufacturing process of where the body ply cords overlap).

http://www.tires-easy.com/blog/tag/t...ll-undulation/

Hopefully the OP can clarify where the bubbles are and/or post a pic.

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #6
Fulltime family RVer

I agree with Arefbee's thoughts - bubbles are usually caused by a road hazard/curb strike or something of the kind. Less often (though, what happened to me) it is caused by a manufacturing defect in the tire.

I'd tend to agree that this was some kind of road hazard since it's both tires.

I'd assume that they should be replaced. Once they're off the wheel, the tire folks can tell you if it's a mfr defect or not.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:58 PM   #7
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
The reason I ask, is we get a lot of customers who confuse sidewall 'bubbles" with what is called undulation (which is a manufacturing process of where the body ply cords overlap).
While we wait, can you google up pics of the 2?
Old 10-02-2013, 09:01 PM   #8

I have a 2013 sandpiper 365 saq. My tires from the factory bubbled on the inside. It was very large bubbles not a manufacturing undulation. There is no way I can think of that the inside of the tire close to the rim can strike a curb. The tires that come from the factory are JUNK, no if and buts about it. My tires didn't even last a year. The dealer said all tires from manufacture are junk unless they are the marathons or maxxis. He even said that the manufacture is starting to put LT tires on the heavier trailers. I didn't try to get them replaced under warranty. I went to discount tire and bought some new maxxis. This is my 4th rv in 7 years and they have all had junk tires on them. Hey its just the nature of the beast!

Tags
tire, tires