Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-21-2015, 01:27 AM   #1

Buying a 35rok, anything specific I need to be aware of?

Hello everyone! This is my first post, it's late and I'm tired so I hope I will make sense.

I have a deposit on a 2014 35rok. I've been a full time rv'er (5er) for almost 6 years but I don't travel, just stay put in my really great rv spot. This is a really nice upgrade for me but I'm wondering if there are any specific issues I need to look for when going back for the final inspection before purchase?

I found no water stains and no obvious signs of abuse or misuse. The things I did find were small and can be attributed to use. The awning and bedroom window as well as night shade are being replaced due to a storm and a tree limb lol. For some reason the thermostat was gone so that is being replaced.

I'm used to Coleman a/c units. Anything I need to look for or be aware of on the Dometics? Upon my initial inspection it wasn't hooked up to power but will be on the final. Just afraid I'm going to overlook something important in my excitement of getting such a nice unit.

Is it hard to keep this model cooled and heated? In my 32' (3 slides) my electric bill in the heat of the summer (central TX) runs about $100 per month? Does the fireplace work well & does it chew up a lot of electricity? I'm disabled and my income is low due to waiting 3 1/2 years after being injured to apply for disability (unknowingly cut my own throat there lol but not lol).

Thank you for any help you can be, any and all info is appreciated. I did look through quite a bit of the forum but not seeing a whole lot specific to this particular model which I'm hoping is good news
dominic1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 12:42 PM   #2

We have a 2016 35ROK. We love it. Ours is in right now having the bedroom A/C looked at as it worked once but then quit. You will need both A/Cs too keep it cool on warm days as it is a big unit. We love the fire place. It takes the chill out of the living area on cool evenings, but if it gets really chilly you'll need the furnace.

Computer Nerd
2014 Chevy Silverado 3500 HD Duramax
2016 Sandpiper 35ROK
Computer Nerd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2015, 01:20 PM   #3

Thank you computer nerd, I appreciate the info! Still waiting on mine, hopefully early next week
dominic1964 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2015, 05:09 PM   #4

Have the dealer check your fresh water tank to ensure its installed properly. Mine fell out of our 360PDEK as they did not install the bracing properly. I have the same unit as you except mine has a rear deck.
Sierra360PDEK is offline   Reply With Quote