Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-06-2015, 10:11 AM   #1

Cracked Countertop

We picked up our REBH 371 two days ago from RV Wholesalers and are test camping it.

Somehow the counter by the sink has cracked. I honestly did not drop anything on it that I know of, though I did lay the sink cover on it upside down. A tech guy looked at it and said that could only happen if we dropped something on it. He's going to check and see if they can replace it, but I'm worried they wont.

Did I say this thing is brand new? How fragile are these countertops? Do you think I can reasonable expect a replacement?
OnSabbatical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:47 AM   #2

Is it the solid surface one or just laminate? Either way, is expect warranty to cover it. If your handy, just ask them to send you the counter and you could replace it.
jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 10:55 AM   #3

It's "premium solid surface." I'm not particularly handy, though I'm trying. but I wouldn't have a clue how even to remove the old countertop, much less place a new one. . . .
Old 05-06-2015, 02:59 PM   #4

If they give you a hard time take a picture and call Forest River I would not settle for No
Jz5g52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 08:20 PM   #5

You will not have a problem with a full replacement. I just got my trailer back from warranty work (2 years old). They went above and beyond. I took it in for a small bubble in the exterior slide wall. While they had it they replaced the wall, carpet, resealed the entire roof, and did several other repairs that I didn't even request. To say the least I am over impressed by their warranty work. This is one of the reasons I can't wait to pick up my New 371 REBH.
jjvallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2015, 11:34 PM   #6

jjvallee, do you mean warranty work with RV Wholesalers? or Forest River generally? RV Wholesalers did not sound optimistic about getting this covered for me. They said they'd have to check with Forest River and see what they said.
Old 05-07-2015, 08:41 AM   #7

Sorry I left that part out...my warranty work was actually performed by Forest River. I originally took it to Camping World because they are much closer to my house than my dealer. They fixed some minor things, but said the wall repair was too much for them. Forest River sent a driver to my house to pick up the trailer and bring it back, free of charge too. Neither the dealer or the factory ever questioned any repairs. Even thing that were clearly my fault and not a defect. For example I forgot to remind my kids that an open drawer does NOT make a good step stool. Or that leaving the outside kitchen door open to protect me from the rain and getting countertops wet to the point that they warped is not a smart idea either.
jjvallee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 07:15 PM   #8

FR has approved the fix on the counter and Camping World is doing the work. Hope the next one lasts longer than two days. . . .