Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2015, 05:59 PM   #1

Disney Fort Wilderness

Hello everyone, looking at planning a trip to Florida, I was told you have to book a site one year in advance at fort wilderness is tha correct? What is the best time to go with less crowds. Looking at having the grandkids and dogs so I want a loop that is kind of secluded where they can ride bikes any advise on the best loops full hookup 50amp. Any advice would be helpful
Jz5g52 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:10 PM   #2

I have looked at their site and have found openings this April. Keep checking on it.

2010 Ford F-150 Crew Cab
2015 Salem Hemisphere 263RL
CampingGator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:22 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

fortfiends know everything there is to know about the fort. Typically you don't reserve a particular loop worksite just type of site in advance. We tried to reserve a particular loop, were given a site on a different loop that I looked up on the fort friends camping site app and found was too small for my old tt. I waited for my request and was given it.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:27 PM   #4

X2 on Fort Fiends for help.
dblr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2015, 06:37 PM   #5
Camper Less Camping

Best times of the year to visit with smaller crowds will be Jan 15th to end of February and after Labor Day but before Halloween .

As others mentioned...Fort Fiends a great resource and you will only reserve a loop, at check in they'll assign a site #...in our experiences camping there, we prefer the premium sites across the waterway near the main swimming pool area.

Old 03-08-2015, 06:38 PM   #6

As far as reservations it depends on what time of year you are looking at going. The holidays are the worst to get booked. You have to book 18 months out.
All the rv sites are full hook up with 50 amp.
I would recommend the premium sites. They are all concrete. The other sites have sand and and are much smaller. Depending on the size of your rv you will love the premium site.
There are no secluded premium sites. Everyone drives around on golf carts and bikes.
You will need a golf cart as you can't drive to areas in the cg with your car. Walk, bike golf cart, bus.

Loop 800 and 900 are great loops close to the pool and main outpost.
we spend 30 days there a year and love the CG.
The charter boat fishing for BASS on the lakes are a lot of fun.
chiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:37 PM   #7

I'm a fort fiend member plenty of good info there. There are some serious veterans of the fort there. We went 6 times last year. We were just there last week and will be back April 5th for a week. Premium sites are our favorite we like 1400 loop. Book early and you can make requests for loops and sites. You don't always get the specific site you might want, (we did last week) but you usually get the loop you request. IMHO best CG there is. Or maybe I'm just a fort fiend! I am looking at a new Sandpiper 380BH5 and was browsing the forum and figured I would jump in.
smcguirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2015, 10:57 PM   #8

WE have used Fort Wilderness before and loved not only the campground but the bus service to all near attractions. You almost never have to use your vehicle unless you are just wanting to go somewhere else. Best times to go is when school are in session or late fall. Do not go during school breaks or any kind or major holidays. Yes, calling as far ahead as possible does help.
Old 03-22-2015, 09:28 AM   #9

Smile

I just checked for week after Fourth of July and had plenty of site available
Sherm584 is offline   Reply With Quote