Old 06-08-2012, 08:25 PM   #1

Electrical help need-SOLVED!

I have a 07 304FW Sandpiper, half of my outlets arnt working . 5 on the right side, 2 outside 2 in the kitchen and one in the bedroom.. everything else works fine. the other 3 in the main room and one other in the bedroom also the one in the bathroom . The one in the bathroom is the only one I have found that has a reset, even thou I'm sure there should be Two GFI's. What am i missing, something simple I'm sure ????

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:32 PM   #2

Guessing it is a GFCI, but could be a loose wire connection and not a ground fault. It is also possible that one if the hot legs at the hookup is bad? Any chance you have a meter with? It'd check breakers first, then I'd check the gfci circuit and possibly remove outlets to make sure leads are connected securely.
I'm no electrician though, so just mho

Joel

jtstromsburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:53 PM   #3

*Could* easily be as simple as a GFCI recept. has tripped. 50 or 30 amp service? If 50 amp, might be one supply leg is out. If 30, you may have a little more digging to do.

Yes, get a voltmeter. Take cover off panel and check voltage on load side of each breaker. If this all checks okay, I'd say it's a 99.9% probability you have a bad connection at a receptacle. You might even turn each breaker off and back on in case one has tripped and you can't see it (the handle only moves part way).

If you have a whole whack of receptacles out suddenly and at the same time, I'm guessing you have a tripped breaker or GFCI. Breakers do fail once in a while, but that's pretty rare. It's also possible you have a wire that has come off at the rear of the receptacle, but that should be the last thing you might check for. Found a bad one in our own trailer.

Worst case scenario: If you find a tripped breaker or GFCI and resetting it restores power, but it trips again right away, then you could have a real problem to fix because you have a have short circuit somewhere. Or you have a leakage to ground somewhere. If it's been raining a lot, it's possible that some water got into a recept. somewhere and tripped a GFCI. If that's the case, you'll have to investigate for water intrusion near the receptacles.
Old 06-09-2012, 07:00 PM   #4

Okey gents, After looking and testing and pulling for 2 days, I called Wally World and have a appoinment to take it in, After all, I did buy a extended worrinty with it ( dont tell the wife BUT She asked "why i dont just take it in to get fixed" ) LOL, But I did find out the Electrical on the hot water tank isnt working eather, SO Its going to cost me $100 buck and have it fixed

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Old 06-09-2012, 07:07 PM   #5

Well at least she didn't it's time to get a new camper.......

Just make sure you post what was wrong, or don't come back, lol.
Old 08-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #6

okey okey, sorry it took so long for me to get back... It was the Bathroom GFI after all. Now why does that run a outlet outside also I dont know LOL, SOOOoooo I did run into another problem on this last trip, and Yes, I did post it here to see if anyone else has had that problem, Thanks for the info Guys & gals Keep on camping

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305