Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2019, 07:17 AM   #1

Forest River repairs

Dropped my FLOK off at Forest River yesterday. Supposed to be repaired and back in two weeks here’s to hoping. They found many more defects while walking it down then I had known about. Hoping it comes back as good as they say.
Tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2019, 12:34 PM   #2

Jeff and his team do good work
Old 09-16-2019, 02:49 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
Jeff and his team do good work

That’s what I am hoping for. I go get it in two days.
2019 Sandpiper FLOK
Old 09-16-2019, 03:01 PM   #4

Best of luck with it
cfo111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2019, 10:51 PM   #5

Well I got it back. It is much better than before. We have a few more issues we are working through with them to get addressed (roof issues, a slide that goes out sideways and clicks and jumps when its fully retracted, another slide that is not centered and causes the window seal to dislodge when it moves). I really hoped that for the price of these things the initial quality would be a little better. Hoping to hear back soon not that Expo week is over for them.

We did get to tour the production facility though and that was a very cool process to see. They are adding on to the Sandpiper/Sierra facility so that more of the units get PDI checked before leaving the factory.
2019 Sandpiper FLOK
Old 10-03-2019, 07:24 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tech740 View Post
Well I got it back. It is much better than before. We have a few more issues we are working through with them to get addressed (roof issues, a slide that goes out sideways and clicks and jumps when its fully retracted, another slide that is not centered and causes the window seal to dislodge when it moves). I really hoped that for the price of these things the initial quality would be a little better. Hoping to hear back soon not that Expo week is over for them.

We did get to tour the production facility though and that was a very cool process to see. They are adding on to the Sandpiper/Sierra facility so that more of the units get PDI checked before leaving the factory.

Glad they're taking care of you but one would have to ask if it would of been better to not let a unit where slides are not centered, or that go out sideways, ever leave the factory to begin with? It's not like those issues are easily overlooked.

Not sure how it even made it through the dealer and PDI as far as that goes.

I personally despise the RV Industry, it's nothing but lies. Everything from their brochures and websites to most of the dealers and sales people.

I'd of asked them why they need an addition to their facility so more units get PDI checked? According to the brochure they already check every unit, or at least cleverly word this BS so one would assume so, more lies.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	F.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	58.5 KB
ID:	216505  
Feel Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2019, 08:41 AM   #7

Well, the trailer left again this morning for the manufacturer. The slide the repaired good in and out on an angle, the dinette slide is not centered in the hole and makes the window seal pop out, there are what looks like staples coming from under the roof membrane, there are many loose floor boards under the top layer of flooring, and the refrigerator slide is dragging on the vinyl flooring causing it to wear. Hoping they get it right the second time.
2019 Sandpiper FLOK

Tags
forest river, repair, repairs