Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2014, 12:34 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Jacketsbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 28
Fresh water tank

Ok so I went to sanitize the fresh water tank on my new ROK. far different from my old TT. The fresh water fill is threaded with a screen, ok no problem I attached a hose, but there is no vent, how do I know when the tank is full? How do I purge the air while its filling? How am I supposed to pour the bleach mixture in there with threads and a screen? I poured the mixture down the hose with a skinny funnel, surely there has to be an easier way! The only way I could tell if the tank was full was to keep hitting the monitor light inside the RV. Once again, is there a better way? With a vent it fills quick and when water squirts out its full! Not on this RV! What am I doing wrong?
__________________

__________________
2015 Sandpiper 35ROK
2013 Ford F-350 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2011 Mustang GT - Tuned and Lethal 475HP
2013 Chrysler T&C (hey ya gotta have somethin for mom!)

Days camped in 2014 - 33
Jacketsbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 04:12 AM   #2
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 1
They all fill a little different....mine has a valve underneath that I can open and close when I need to...
__________________

__________________
beau2portugal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 06:59 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,027
There (HAS) to be a Vent on the Tank,if not it was forgotten! All your tanks need to be Vented. Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:12 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Mine has a "overfill" vent tube next to the drain tube.

Water will start running out of it when the tank is "overfilled".
First time I ran water in the tank I got side tracked and forgot to shut the water off, came back outside and there was water all over the place which lead to instant panic mode before I remembered what the PDI guy told me.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:35 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Waynesville
Posts: 12,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
Mine has a "overfill" vent tube next to the drain tube.

Water will start running out of it when the tank is "overfilled".
First time I ran water in the tank I got side tracked and forgot to shut the water off, came back outside and there was water all over the place which lead to instant panic mode before I remembered what the PDI guy told me.
True but in his case filling with a (threaded 5/8 G/Hose and depending on a (3/8 vent hose) do the Math,something is going to Happen! Youroo!!
__________________
youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2014, 07:39 AM   #6
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
True but in his case filling with a (threaded 5/8 G/Hose and depending on a (3/8 vent hose) do the Math,something is going to Happen! Youroo!!
Mine is about the same size I have not seen or found any problems to date.

But at the same time I have a different trailer.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 12:49 AM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 81
Maybe you can use something like this? http://www.amazon.com/Jacks-Classic-...hemical+siphon
__________________
2013 365 SAQ
Rufinit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:13 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Jacketsbum's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2014
Posts: 28
I found the vent, it is a second tube coming out of the bottom. Kind of a dumb location if you ask me! Water sloshes out of there while you're moving and just keeps coming out until the tank reads 2/3 full. Going to put a shut off valve on there. Also the drain tube next to it has a screw on cap instead of a shut off valve, if you lose the cap or cross thread the plastic threads, you're SOL! Gonna put a shut off valve on there too!
__________________
2015 Sandpiper 35ROK
2013 Ford F-350 6.7 PowerStroke Diesel
2011 Mustang GT - Tuned and Lethal 475HP
2013 Chrysler T&C (hey ya gotta have somethin for mom!)

Days camped in 2014 - 33
Jacketsbum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:21 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Witch Doctor's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Clarksville Va.
Posts: 7,625
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacketsbum View Post
I found the vent, it is a second tube coming out of the bottom. Kind of a dumb location if you ask me! Water sloshes out of there while you're moving and just keeps coming out until the tank reads 2/3 full. Going to put a shut off valve on there. Also the drain tube next to it has a screw on cap instead of a shut off valve, if you lose the cap or cross thread the plastic threads, you're SOL! Gonna put a shut off valve on there too!
You just have to stop and wonder sometimes what the s$$$ they were thinking about when they design this stuff. Every brand seems to have it's own weird problem.
__________________

__________________
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fresh water, tank, water, water tank

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:28 PM.