Old 06-09-2013, 11:09 PM   #1

Getting warranty work approved

We are waiting for approval to get work done on our two month old 2014 35ROK. Does any one have a person or persons in Goshen who the they have dealt with on something like this. We do not want to set in this campground all summer waiting for the local dealer to fix what is clearly Forest Rivers deal.

David

Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 06:01 PM   #2

What is wrong?

Old 06-11-2013, 06:03 PM   #3
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufinit View Post
What is wrong?
X2
Old 06-11-2013, 11:35 PM   #4

I think it's the awning recall. Won't retract?

2012 Sandpiper 365SAQ
2008 F250 Lariat CCSB, Deleted and Tuned
mortal798 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 07:31 AM   #5

warranty fiasco

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvodriver View Post
We are waiting for approval to get work done on our two month old 2014 35ROK. Does any one have a person or persons in Goshen who the they have dealt with on something like this. We do not want to set in this campground all summer waiting for the local dealer to fix what is clearly Forest Rivers deal.

David
Just bought a 2014 Salem hemisphere fifth wheel and called my dealer to get warranty work done and was told i'd have to wait a month for service because they were backed up.so i took my list and went to get warranty work at local dealer and was told FOREST RIVER is REALLY BAD at approving WARRANTY work what a rude awakning and was told that the things that forest river didnt approve ,i had to pay $60 bucks for each item that wasnt approved...so i took it to another dealer and gave them my list and they told me primaraly the same thing minus the $60 fee....so days later i was sent a letter,the dealer didnt even bother to call me,and it just stated my unit was done.......went to pick it up the next day and...suprise...only one thing was fixed and was told the oter things were not approved or the were design faults.... needless to say ,this boy was not a happy camper....Were goin campin for the holiday and it's goin back to my original dealer when i get back and i'll send you a reply on what or if anything was fixed.....This is amazing to me ....you buy a $30,000 car and you take it in and they fix it with no questions asked....but you buy a trailer and it has to be approved????....Would'nt reccomend buying FOREST RIVER PRODUCTS....If i would have known this before i bought it i would of never even looked at one....
Old 06-29-2013, 08:33 AM   #6

WOW hate to hear that our 13 Puma has only been back for a few minor (very minor) issues & no problem at all with the warranty. Everything I had an issue with was taken care of....

I will always say PUMA is one of the best kept secrets out there..........

2005 Dodge 3500 Cummins
2017 Wildwood Lodge 4092 BFL
1966 Mustang GT
1986 Mustang SVO
Sadie & Lillie Spoiled Rotten Boxers
Oaklevel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:20 PM   #7

The problems we had were clearly warranty work and they did finally approve
the work. The deal with Forest River is that they want photos faxed to them on some of the types of work so they can give there approval

First problem was collar missing on p-trap in bathroom sink which we did not catch until 4 tp rolls were soaked.

Then they approved fixing the slideout drawers on both sides of the stove and the pantry slideouts. At the factory the installer did not use long enough screws to hold them to the back wall of the slide, so when you would pull the drawers out they would fall of the back wall. The runners were fine, but the mounting was not.

The reason we think that it took about three weeks to get approval was due to several reasons. Photos were not forwarded to the factory in a timely manner. Communication between the factory and the dealer was not good. And three we think the dealers warranty/service manager dropped the ball. He has since been let go at this dealership.

Other than this episode we still are happy with our choice and will continue to give the company the benefit of the doubt as far as warranty and other issues go. We have the right phone numbers now and the right names so if other problems arise hopefully they can be dealt with a little quicker.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 01:31 PM   #8

Thank you for the update. After reading this post, I was beginning to think FR changed management. I have had nothing but excellent service by both my dealer and Forest River when it comes to warranty work, and I have been there several times.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:38 PM   #9
Steve & Phyllis

I must admit we have had a few things come up on our Sandpiper but the dealer we purchased it from took it in and fixed them in just a few days. Never a mention of was it covered or not and so far no charge for any of it. IMHO the dealer makes or breaks the repair experience. I must say Bob Ledford's Adventure world has always gone out of their way to help get stuff fixed even when we were out of town and had a problem. Guess that is why we have bought a couple from them.
Old 06-30-2013, 01:39 PM   #10

Since I am giving credit to Forest River for credit due, I would will also mention that I recommend Happy Trails RV in Phillipsburg MO for both Sales and service. Nothing but good things to say about them.