Old 05-11-2013, 12:44 PM   #1

How to change light bulbs??

Had both bulbs go dead over the island and I nor the DW can get the bulbs to turn. What's more I can't get my paw up in the fancy glass shade. Also a couple recessed ceiling lights need to be changed already.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Dave

Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2013, 01:06 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Volvodriver View Post
Had both bulbs go dead over the island and I nor the DW can get the bulbs to turn. What's more I can't get my paw up in the fancy glass shade. Also a couple recessed ceiling lights need to be changed already.

Any suggestions or help would be appreciated.

Dave
Don't have a Sandpiper but have a Georgetown instead, either way suspect those "bulbs" are probably bi-pin halogen fittings with pins not screw base try moving side to side in differnet directions and see if they POP out. Very difficult to handle, should be installed with a dry cloth to prevent finger oil getting on the glass, they operate very hot. I use household lamps around our RV and prevent using the "fixtures" as much as possible. The ceiling lights meanwhile, mine are frosted glass about 3" diameter. You must twist the lens out CCW, use a anti skid mat to get good traction.

Old 05-30-2013, 02:01 PM   #3

Thank you for the response and sorry it has taken so long to get back to the forum. We are sitting in southern Minnesota waiting for it to dry out some. Over ten inches of rain in 12 days. Talked to Forrest River and will be having some warranty work done so will have the tech show us the proper way if they even know.
Old 06-03-2013, 11:17 AM   #4
Gib

I have had my Sandpiper 35ROK for 2 weeks ..... both of my bulbs burnt out over the island. Sounds like an ongoing problem. Is there a different bulb you can replace them with that will last?
Old 06-03-2013, 11:24 AM   #5
Gib

Dave .... these are bi-pin halogen as stated above ... I had the same problem but figured it out ... push up and turn about an 1/8 of a inch and pull down ..... they are a pain to change ....
Old 06-05-2013, 10:31 AM   #6

Right you are. Those are the correct bulbs according to the tech who came out. Now the problem has grown into an electrical system snafu. Put the bulbs in the island and hit the switch which then blew the fuse controlling the closet, hallway, and recess lights over the bed. Changed the fuse out and the same thing occurred. The bulbs over the island did not blow, they never came on, so the tech who has not finished the previous warranty work yet will have another set of problems to get after. We like the rig but I am amazed by the lack of final inspection procedures and if problems keep occurring I will start to have second thoughts on this rig for our home.

David
Old 06-05-2013, 10:47 AM   #7
Gib

I just got some new bulbs from my dealer yesterday. Will be going to the camper on Thursday night to install. I hope I don't have the issues you are having. Will keep you posted on what I find out. I love my RV but with these things happening shortly after purchasing it new brings some concerns. I also had issues with the satellite system not working. Had to have my provider come out to assist me. Found that the splitter behind the stereo system had a cable that hadn't been crimped and came loose. So I pulled the stereo and we now have that working. What a pain in the backside ....
Old 06-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #8

Hey gents,, do not twist the bulb, it will likley break the glass and damage the socket. Use a paper towel to hold it and pull straight out. If stuck you can rock the pins in and out until free. I broke my first, tiny shards everywhere.