Old 01-20-2015, 08:50 PM   #11

Howdy, agreed the differential in jack motion is due path length and resistance, I saw that right off the first time the rig was on the hitch and I was raising the gear the rest of the way up. However it's disturbing to hear that one jack stays put while the other side retracts a number in inches with the trailer on the ground. That would leave the grounded jack with a LOT of weight on it, and I don 't understand why it would not want to retract at the same rate as the other side. Is one of the cylinders pinched so the piston won't move as it should?

I can see unloaded jacks moving a little out of sync, but loaded? I have to watch for that!

'03 F350 4x4 Dually Crew Long Bed with 24,000 original miles 8-)
heavily modified 6.0 PSD by Ocean State Performance Great Job!
Threw the Bullet Proof Diesel catalog at it Cab off rebuild down to short block
Stock Trans / 4:10 Dana 80 Axle a very burnt out wallet
ell_dee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2015, 01:42 PM   #12

I'm no hydraulic guru so I'll ask what might be a silly question...

If I were to procure a hose for the leg closest to the pump that was the same length as the hose for the other leg and just coil it up, would that help somewhat with the issue? I would have to imagine it would help some if both lines to the front landing gear were the same length.

Old 01-22-2015, 03:02 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helmsey View Post
I'm no hydraulic guru so I'll ask what might be a silly question...

If I were to procure a hose for the leg closest to the pump that was the same length as the hose for the other leg and just coil it up, would that help somewhat with the issue? I would have to imagine it would help some if both lines to the front landing gear were the same length.
All things else being equal-yes, but it seems like it would be more than a pressure over distance issue. It aid l aid not leave full weight on one of the landing gear. I have seen hydraulic houses get internal "bubbles" that will almost mimic how a check valve works. Hydraulic fluid gets in between the plies of the rubber hose and creates issues

2008 Chevy Dmax CCSB
2015 Sierra 380bh5
Old 01-22-2015, 03:36 PM   #14

I dough if your frame is twisting. You are still connected to the rig. As others have said they work in sequence. The closest to the pump will drop first. Once both legs are down then they will work together to raise the 5er off the plate. Same as raising them to your hitch height. Once the pressure is off they will raise at there own speed. But the weight is already on your hitch.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2015, 01:30 PM   #15

Got my problem resolved. Called Lippert direct. Was told they do not auto level but once raised should hold. New Jack being installed now. It was a pin hole in an internal Jack seal.

Tags
hydraulic