Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-03-2019, 03:42 PM   #1

LG refrigerator icemaker

I just bought a 2019 Sandpiper with the LG refrigerator. I can’t figure out how to get the ice maker to work. The ice maker is functioning but I don’t think it’s getting any water. Is there a valve that I’m not seeing?
Wesbyrd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:13 PM   #2

I have the 2019 Sandpiper with the fearsome LG fridge. There is a water valve OUTSIDE under the slide. You'll see it underneath the fridge slide OUTSIDE. I don't make ice with ours...don't have good water. I found the valve when I was winterizing.
Old 03-03-2019, 10:02 PM   #3

Mine is the front kitchen so I don’t have a refrigerator slide out. I’ll look under the other kitchen slides though. Thanks for the info.
Wesbyrd99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 10:56 PM   #4

My cardinal has a little push pull plastic valve in the wet bay.
Retired JSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2019, 08:23 AM   #5

There is an overfill sensor across from the on and off switch on the ice maker and if it frosts over it will make it think it is full. Just clean it off with your finger and it should start working. Also know that whenever you connect power to your camper it can take 12 up to 24 hours for it to start making ice. We just had this issue ourselves this week.
KrazyKim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2019, 09:55 PM   #6

I assume you found it, but on my front kitchen, FKOK I had a hell of a time finding the valve. It was in the basement, behind a panel on the ceiling. Only way to see it was to remove the screws to remove the panel, then push the blue valve button. Hopefully this will save someone the 2 days and numerous calls and research I did trying to find it. Sounds like they put them in different places depending on the build day.
Other Ride: 2006 Harley Ultra Classic
Jayfro04 is offline   Reply With Quote