Old 07-24-2016, 09:59 PM   #1
Lights and ACT not working

Just picked up my Sandpiper 2016 380bh5 Friday. Started having problems as soon as we got it to the site. Sales folks are very unhelpful and argumentative. Now 2 days later no lights and no ac. Has anyone experienced this? If so what can we do to fix it? If not does anyone have experience with lemon laws?

Tulara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2016, 10:13 PM   #2
It's hard to diagnose your problem from what little you've provided. However, my first suggestion is to look for a circuit breaker or two inside the campground pedestal. Make sure it's turned ON.

My 2nd suggestion is to get yourself one of these 120VAC outlet checkers from Walmart

and one of these 30 amp to 15 amp adapters from Walmart or your local RV dealer (or even the campground store)

Plug the adapter into the campground pedestal, then plug the circuit checker into the adapter and make sure you're getting proper 120VAC from the pedestal.

Finally, make sure the main breaker is turned on in your camper. Open your fuse panel and check the breakers.

More detail about your problem would help. I initially read you post to say you never had AC, but on second reading, it sounds like you might have had AC for a while and then lost it. If you had it and lost it, I'm guessing you tripped one of the circuit breakers I've discussed.

Note: If you are running the AC, don't try to run the water heater on electric, the fridge on electric, or the microwave (or a toaster). These are all high wattage (i.e., high power, i.e., high current draw) devices. If you have a 30 amp system, trying to run the AC with any of these will almost always trip a circuit breaker.

1988 Coleman Sequoia - popup (1987-2007)
2012 Roo19 - hybid (2012-2015)

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 02:19 PM   #3
380 BH is a 5er so should be 50amp not 30amp. Same holds true however but you should be able to run the a/c with the water heater without a problem unless they mistakenly put them on the same circuit breaker inside the breaker box by your stairs.
2011 Ford F350 Lariat
2016 Sandpiper 381RBOK
chop249 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:29 PM   #4
My cord has a blue Led'sthat lights up when power is present. Its on the male side that plugs into the campground pedestal. Very noticeable when they are lit up.
Mikele is online now   Reply With Quote